Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Search Ads interface

CoDEFRoCoDEFRo Posts: 643New Users @ @ @
I give Apple credit -- they've added a lot of good stuff / made a lot of positive changes lately. However, the Search Ads interface is not one of them. Plainly put, it's horrible and a poor effort from Apple.

Here's an example: suppose you search for "picture" in search terms. It will return "picture maker" but not "make a picture" (it only returns items with the phrase you're looking for if it's at the beginning of the string).

Another example: let's say you just added a whole bunch of keywords then push save. It'll tell you that one of those keywords has already been added but won't tell you which one and it won't save the others until you weed it out. So you have to manually go through the list of keywords you want to add to find out which is the culprit and add the others one by one. Same thing happens when you try to mark keywords as negative keywords in the search terms screen.

Also, the load time is very slow and it takes many clicks to get places. This makes the experience supremely frustrating.

Lastly, the tools are just not dynamic enough to allow you to parse the data. You should be able to see how all search terms costing over x amount per tap perform. You should be able to see how the search terms associated with a keyword perform. You should be able to take a closer look at low volume terms (which were killing me when I was using Search Match so I had to stop). Improving the search function is an absolute must.

There are a lot of other small things:

-Can't see aggregate data of all your campaigns, i.e. total CPA of all your campaigns etc.
-No option for seeing all time data in the calendar
-Doesn't show the enabled keywords by default when you arrive on the keywords screen

Lot of other stuff I can't think of, but ultimately I think if they did a better job on the interface and tools, they'd encourage more people to use it.
Post edited by CoDEFRo on

Replies

• CoDEFRoCoDEFRo Posts: 643New Users @ @ @
    edited May 16
    And after I just slammed Apple, my results on Search Ads have gone down the tubes!

I'm being treated very unfairly here.
    Post edited by CoDEFRo on
    Oh wow, I think I just got deleted from Search Ads for the above comment! (which was just a joke, mocking a certain someone).
  • astersdoastersdo USAPosts: 640New Users @ @ @
    I doubt that is Apple's style. They seem pretty tolerant of our rantings. Coding can be stressful and we all let off steam. If they did read your post then they're probably more interested in your ideas and improvements than cutting you off.
    I wonder if they do look at this forum regularly. It's pretty dead in here now. Ghost Town ...
    astersdo wrote: »
    I doubt that is Apple's style. They seem pretty tolerant of our rantings. Coding can be stressful and we all let off steam. If they did read your post then they're probably more interested in your ideas and improvements than cutting you off.
    I wonder if they do look at this forum regularly. It's pretty dead in here now. Ghost Town ...

Yeah I was probably just freaking out, but when I logged into Search Ads after writing that post, all of my campaigns were deleted. They're all back now though. Likely, this is how it showed for everyone.
    My impressions fell right off a cliff, they definitely read this board.
    I can't even reach the server :(
    astersdo wrote: »
    I can't even reach the server :(

Do you get the same thing of long waits trying to view data?
    Server is back, but yes it is quite slow. I doubt we'll get a look in for much longer. Big fish can afford $10 or more an install ... if they're getting 50% install rate that's $5 a click :)