Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Price drop to $1 = Fall Down Rankings

astersdoastersdo USAPosts: 582New Users @ @ @
This really might just be me, but whenever I halve my price from $2 to $1 I drop down the rankings. Of course I might have been due to drop anyway, so it could be coincidence. Also, one of my apps which is featured by Apple disappears from the feature at $1, and reappears at $2.
Are we actively encouraged NOT to price our apps at $1 these days?

Replies

• id256id256 Posts: 74New Users @
    edited May 16
    Hmm... interesting. And what about the "effective" sales (like profit/page view)?
  • astersdoastersdo USAPosts: 582New Users @ @ @
    I make less at $1 than at $2. Go figure. Again, might just be me. Or it might be that $1 apps are penalised in some way. All mine are back at $2 now.
  • bobgoobobgoo BcnPosts: 3New Users Noob
    Did your downloads went back top normal once you cancelled the price change?

I also made a price change exactly in the same date (but from tier 10 to tier 9) and downloads went down since... I don't know if it has nothing to do with pricing or if it may just be some general change in the App Store algorithm.
  • astersdoastersdo USAPosts: 582New Users @ @ @
    I put one up from $1 to $10 and sell way more. Some dodgy stuff going on in that algorithm ;)