Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weird Top Charts for iPad

tmongytmongy Posts: 84New Users @
Has anyone else noticed that the US (and most other countries) Games FREE Top Charts for the iPad is all of a sudden filled with really old games that were hits a while back but haven't been updated in a very long time?

For example, the number one game is "Glow Hockey 2" which was last updated on May 19, 2013! The iPhone charts are normal and have new games which are no where to be found on the iPad charts.

I noticed this started around May13th. What's going on here?

Replies

• astersdoastersdo USAPosts: 582New Users @ @ @
    edited May 17
    Nothing surprises me anymore.
    Paid and free?
    Post edited by astersdo on
  • tmongytmongy Posts: 84New Users @
    astersdo wrote: »
    Nothing surprises me anymore.
    Paid and free?

Paid is also looking very weird.
    Could well be another algorithm change. AFAIK the paid charts don't reflect actual sales volumes, so an algorithm change will rearrange them.
  • Crichton333Crichton333 Posts: 272Registered Users @ @
    Its reported on the web that they reduced the rank of universal apps on the iPad so the iPad only apps rank above the rest. Not sure if glitch.
    "Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Nebula Virtual Reality
    Its reported on the web that they reduced the rank of universal apps on the iPad so the iPad only apps rank above the rest. Not sure if glitch.

My universal paid apps have shot up the charts. Do you have a link to where it is being discussed?

• Crichton333Crichton333 Posts: 272Registered Users @ @
    edited May 18
    astersdo wrote: »
    Do you have a link to where it is being discussed?
    https://medium.com/@GaJour/apple-has-changed-the-appstore-algorithm-again-may-2017-65f591f29762

There are more, just google App Store Algorithm or look on Twitter.

"Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Nebula Virtual Reality
    I'm sure most consumers will think that an app that is above another app in the paid chart is there because it is more popular / has sold more copies. The current system seems dishonest. Or am I just Old Skool? Maybe consumers don't assume that at all, but when I was a young adult the charts were based on sales.
  • tmongytmongy Posts: 84New Users @
    Seems to be back to normal again now.
    Paid apps appear to have collapsed. I can rank top 10 in main categories in many major countries with almost no sales. I guess it is free or bust from now on.