Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good News and Bad News about the new app store changes.

2»

Replies

• dinglefacedingleface Posts: 177New Users @ @
    The change they made allowing us to keep all previous reviews and ratings is long overdue and welcome.

I am not happy with the rest of the changes, but where there is great change there is great opportunity. I plan to take full advantage.

• astersdoastersdo USAPosts: 607New Users @ @ @
    They should be able to make the search more accurate with a 30 character title, but will they? :)
  • SeanyKSeanyK Posts: 194Registered Users @ @
    What's odd is, apple moving to 30 character title limit same as google play, yet now google moving to 50 character limit!
  • astersdoastersdo USAPosts: 607New Users @ @ @
    SeanyK wrote: »
    What's odd is, apple moving to 30 character title limit same as google play, yet now google moving to 50 character limit!

Apple will probably revert once they realise you need more than 30 characters for the most basic app titles in many foreign languages :)
  • dinglefacedingleface Posts: 177New Users @ @
    astersdo wrote: »
    Apple will probably revert once they realise you need more than 30 characters for the most basic app titles in many foreign languages :)

Exactly, this! How many times have I localized a basic app title only to realize it didn't fit the 50 characters limit and had to go back and pay more money to have it modified? Now it's going to be an effing disaster.

Also, how about increasing the keywords limit from 100 chars to something bigger for languages where appropriate? Joke... Makes you wonder if these guys even think about what they are doing before they implement such dumb ideas

• ethanwaethanwa Orlando, FLPosts: 733Registered Users @ @ @
    It's funny, considering Google JUST changed theirs from 30 character to 50 characters. Now Apple is doing the reverse. SMH.... just wish we had some consistency here.
  • rijeka2008rijeka2008 Posts: 118Registered Users @ @
    With new updates, my sells went to 0, it was stable sells for over a year?
2»