Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what a stupid reviewer

sparksosparkso Posts: 542Registered Users @ @ @
I just made a new text messaging app which is pretty similar to Whatsapp, telegram etc. I.e. normal messaging apps.

Got rejected
Guideline 1.2 - Safety - User Generated Content

Your app enables the display of user-generated content but does not have the proper precautions in place.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please revise your app to implement all of the following precautions:

- Require that users agree to terms (EULA) and these terms must make it clear that there is no tolerance for objectionable content or abusive users
- A method for filtering objectionable content
- A mechanism for users to flag objectionable content
- A mechanism for users to block abusive users
- The developer must act on objectionable content reports within 24 hours by removing the content and ejecting the user who provided the offending content

Request a phone call from App Review

At your request, we can arrange for an Apple Representative to call you within the next three business days to discuss your App Review issue.

To request a call and ensure we have accurate contact information, reply directly to this message with a contact name and direct phone number to reach you.

Guideline 2.3.6 - Performance - Accurate Metadata

The rating you have selected, 4+, is inconsistent with the content of your app. Since your app includes content and features involving anonymous messaging, it should be rated appropriately for this subject.

I am filing an appeal:
The app reviewer rejected the app due to "The rating you have selected, 4+" and asking for "- A mechanism for users to flag objectionable content".

The app reviewer failed to understand that this is a text messenging App. Similar to Messenger, WhatsApp, Telegram etc. All these apps are rated 4+

1. Messenger apps are private messaging and should not need to be monitored.
2. All of them are 4+

Replies

• ethanwaethanwa Orlando, FLPosts: 733Registered Users @ @ @
    I can't tell you how idiotic some of the Apple QA people are.... the denials I have gotten sometimes are just laughable. I just reject the binary, reupload and resubmit, and it will go to a different reviewed who will approve it.
  • sparksosparkso Posts: 542Registered Users @ @ @
    ethanwa wrote: »
    I can't tell you how idiotic some of the Apple QA people are.... the denials I have gotten sometimes are just laughable. I just reject the binary, reupload and resubmit, and it will go to a different reviewed who will approve it.

Yeah i do that before, but nowadays it seems that they tend to stick with the same reviewer.
  • matrixrealmatrixreal francePosts: 9New Users Noob
    yes it sticks always with the same reviewer
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,613New Users @ @ @ @ @
    The App Store Review process should be retitled to....

Rejections R' Us.

It appears that they will use any reason to reject your app.

Welcome to the new updated App Store... F*ck!
  • raymngraymng Posts: 2,046Registered Users @ @ @ @
    Agree.

They keep rejecting anything.. I think we should join together to do something.