Advertise here




Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

sudden account terminated

matrixrealmatrixreal francePosts: 9New Users Noob
I got this message from Apple without a reason. What does it means?

We have determined that your Apple Developer Program membership, or another membership associated with your developer account, has been used for dishonest or fraudulent activity. This is prohibited by Section 3.2(f) of the Apple Developer Program License Agreement:

"You will not, directly or indirectly, commit any act intended to interfere with the Apple Software or Services, the intent of this Agreement, or Apple’s business practices including, but not limited to, taking actions that may hinder the performance or intended use of the App Store, B2B Program, or the Program.”

As a result of this activity, you are no longer able to submit updates.

Continuing to engage in dishonest or fraudulent acts may result in the removal of your apps from the App Store and termination of your Apple Developer Program membership and all associated memberships.

This letter is not intended to be a complete statement of the facts regarding this matter, and nothing in this letter should be construed as a waiver of any rights or remedies Apple may have, all of which are hereby reserved

Best regards,
App Store Review

my brother and friend's account did got same message and get terminated after 3 weeks
they never ever commit any illegal mstakes
they only get app rejection 2 times because of restore iap features or apps name not much o, device ...
i did read also on the apple forum that a lot of person get banned
are the apple guidelines changed ?

Replies

  • raymngraymng Posts: 2,041Registered Users @ @ @ @
    Why both accounts will be terminated at the same time?
    Were they using the same credit card to pay the account membership?
  • matrixrealmatrixreal francePosts: 9New Users Noob
    raymng wrote: »
    Why both accounts will be terminated at the same time?
    Were they using the same credit card to pay the account membership?

    they did not use same credit card
    they just used the same internet ip because they work together
    and they did not get terminated at the same time
    just 2 or 3 days between
    even if the first did commit infringement apple dont have right to terminated the second
    because i'm sure that he did nothing illegal
  • raymngraymng Posts: 2,041Registered Users @ @ @ @
    matrixreal wrote: »
    raymng wrote: »
    Why both accounts will be terminated at the same time?
    Were they using the same credit card to pay the account membership?

    they did not use same credit card
    they just used the same internet ip because they work together
    and they did not get terminated at the same time
    just 2 or 3 days between
    even if the first did commit infringement apple dont have right to terminated the second
    because i'm sure that he did nothing illegal

    Co-working space is so popular now, many developers may be using the same IP address during development and upload. So it seems not reasonable to get banned together due to the same IP Address.
  • chemistrychemistry Posts: 542Registered Users @ @ @
    wow i just updated an app and got myself into the same situation, my app had been updated many times before without any big issues, for the previous update, i had the word "free" in my app, but after correcting it went through within a day.
    with this update, i waited for 7 days in review and then it says my developer account is flaged for removal.... and i got 14 days to appeal before it really gets removed...
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,594New Users @ @ @ @ @
    chemistry wrote: »
    wow i just updated an app and got myself into the same situation, my app had been updated many times before without any big issues, for the previous update, i had the word "free" in my app, but after correcting it went through within a day.
    with this update, i waited for 7 days in review and then it says my developer account is flaged for removal.... and i got 14 days to appeal before it really gets removed...

    WTF? It appears you haven't violated any Apple rules, and they are threatening to close your account? That's not nice.

    Please keep us updated on this.
  • chemistrychemistry Posts: 542Registered Users @ @ @
    btw the below was the exact message:

    Hello,

    Your Apple Developer Program account has been flagged for removal, because your app is in direct violation of the Apple Developer Program License Agreement.

    Specifically, your app violates Section 3.2(f) of the PLA, which states:

    "You will not, directly or indirectly, commit any act intended to interfere with the Apple Software or related services, the intent of this Agreement, or Apple's business practices including, but not limited to, taking actions that may hinder the performance or intended use of the App Store, VPP/B2B Program Site, or the Program (e.g., submitting fraudulent reviews of Your own Application or any third party application, choosing a name for Your Application that is substantially similar to the name of a third party application in order to create consumer confusion, or squatting on application names to prevent legitimate third party use).”

    If you would like to appeal this rejection, you must do so within 14 calendar days. Otherwise, your Apple Developer Program account and all apps with your account will be removed.

    Best regards,

    App Store Reviewd

    I noticed they also added a 'd' at the end of the "App Store Review" in the last line .
  • astersdoastersdo USAPosts: 601New Users @ @ @
    Can everyone getting these messages honestly say they haven't done anything dodgy? If so then it looks like things are getting more hostile for Indies :(
  • chemistrychemistry Posts: 542Registered Users @ @ @
    astersdo wrote: »
    Can everyone getting these messages honestly say they haven't done anything dodgy? If so then it looks like things are getting more hostile for Indies :(

    yes that's what i always thought about other devs who post in threads like this . "These guys must be doing something dodgy"... until the same situation actually hit me.

  • chemistrychemistry Posts: 542Registered Users @ @ @
    It seems getting more and more common now, from what i see in apple dev forum

    https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/85505

    https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/46910

    These are different situations but just same conclusion: threatening the removal from the developer program... This really is not the right attitude Apple.
  • iekeiiekei Posts: 583Registered Users @ @ @
    Well, some of the others did admit to doing something dodgy.

    I hope you can get this thing straightened out quickly.
  • chemistrychemistry Posts: 542Registered Users @ @ @
    the one thing that I updated with this app is that I added auto-renewable subscriptions. And I used some 3rd party site to generate the Privacy policy and terms and conditions, maybe the app reviewer didn't like that?
  • raymngraymng Posts: 2,041Registered Users @ @ @ @
    Somebody said People republic of Apple.
  • raymngraymng Posts: 2,041Registered Users @ @ @ @
    You simply don't know what to appeal, you simply don't know what's wrong.
  • TouchmintTouchmint Tempe, AZPosts: 822Registered Users @ @ @
    Would be interested to see what apps you have in the App Store and what's being rejected. Looks like they might be cracking down on spammers / reskinners from the looks of it on the apple forums.
  • chemistrychemistry Posts: 542Registered Users @ @ @
    Mine was a flashcard app for kids, I update the contents every week. Maybe there are indeed too many flashcard apps , but mine had been around for like 2 years. I update it quite a few times before.
  • TouchmintTouchmint Tempe, AZPosts: 822Registered Users @ @ @
    > @chemistry said:
    > Mine was a flashcard app for kids, I update the contents every week. Maybe there are indeed too many flashcard apps , but mine had been around for like 2 years. I update it quite a few times before.


    Hmm that does seem weird and you only have 1 like that in your account? When I said spam or re skin I was thinking along the lines of you having 5+ similar apps just with a diff title etc.
  • raymngraymng Posts: 2,041Registered Users @ @ @ @
    chemistry wrote: »
    Mine was a flashcard app for kids, I update the contents every week. Maybe there are indeed too many flashcard apps , but mine had been around for like 2 years. I update it quite a few times before.

    So you actually don't know what is wrong?
    Did you try to appeal it?
Sign In or Register to comment.