Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anybody using Appodeal?

astersdoastersdo USAPosts: 580New Users @ @ @
Appodeal looks great. Anybody using it? Did your revenue improve?
Post edited by astersdo on

Replies

• astersdoastersdo USAPosts: 580New Users @ @ @
    Wow. I've seen a 28% improvement in revenue after just a few days i.e. only a fraction of users will have updated.
  • SeanyKSeanyK Posts: 194Registered Users @ @
    I'd give them a try but like most people, if we update our apps now, we will get hit with the 4.3 Spam rejection!
  • matrixrealmatrixreal francePosts: 9New Users Noob
    SeanyK wrote: »
    I'd give them a try but like most people, if we update our apps now, we will get hit with the 4.3 Spam rejection!

why ? update apps now gives 4.3 spam ?
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,578New Users @ @ @ @ @
    edited August 9
    matrixreal wrote: »

why ? update apps now gives 4.3 spam ?

Apple's new review policy. You will NOT get approval on your updates, and the reason is Spam and Design.

Either one is used by Apple to stonewall developers.

Apple wrongly feels that all of your "similar" apps should be consolidated into one giant container app.

Example. You have a photo app. You also have a video app. Apple will force you to combine those into one single app.

If you have multiple apps, all different, but based on what appears to be a template (refactored code), Apple will reject it based on Spam or Design, and force you to create a single container app, containing all those apps.

Frankly, Apple is all wrong on this. And to add insult to injury, Apple only cherry picks the developers they want to apply this new rule to. If Apple likes you, you will get a free pass. All others... prepare to have Apple kill you as a developer and ultimately put you out of business.

This from talking to various developers who have been hit with this wrong and asinine way of thinking.

Welcome to the New Republic of Apple.
    this is bad
    i have 4 apps 2 game and 1 wallpaper app and fitness app
    i want to update my wallpaper app because i want to add the live wallpaper and also fix some bugs
    is that mean that my update will be rejected ?
    also i did read in the section 4.2.6 that apple reject apps created from commercialized template https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/
    can anyone explain more about that ?
    is that mean apple reject reskin ?
    edited August 9
    matrixreal wrote: »
    this is bad
    i have 4 apps 2 game and 1 wallpaper app and fitness app
    i want to update my wallpaper app because i want to add the live wallpaper and also fix some bugs
    is that mean that my update will be rejected ?
    also i did read in the section 4.2.6 that apple reject apps created from commercialized template https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/
    can anyone explain more about that ?
    is that mean apple reject reskin ?

Since you only have one wallpaper app, you should be good to go. It will not be rejected based on the new rules. That's because you only have one in that genre.

If you have more than one, that's when Apple will reject you and force you to consolidate those apps into one.

However, if your app is a reskin based on a popular template, it will be rejected.

All you can do is submit and hope for the best.

Once you've been flagged by a reviewer, you will not be able to escape these rules, as they place notes in your file for future reviewers.

It sucks... but that's Apple's asinine way of dealing with a crowded app store.
    ok thank you
    the app is a reskin of app but it's completely different in ui style feature functionality
  • dobrydobry Posts: 292Registered Users @ @
    Appodeal...
    I also wanted to try them. However when implementing their SDK, Apple automatically rejects the binary with following message:

Missing Info.plist key - This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSCalendarsUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

So it seems Appodeal accesses the calendar, but why should they?? My app doesn't access the calendar, so I can't explain it. Anyone else encounter this problem?

Also disadvantages of Appodeal:
    - They sync your Admob account (have access to your previous ad incomes)
    - Every compilation takes much longer
    - 2% payout commission
    Of course if revenue is higher than with Admob, then I'm for Appodeal, but they need to remove calendar access.
    Amazon Ads requires the Calendar access for some reason.
    You only pay 2% if you want to get paid immediately I think? 2% is a bargain if I get 3% more revenue ;)
    Revenue is looking to be much higher for me. I'll report back in a month or two with some results. Will take me that long to update my apps ...
  • WishDoWishDo BelarusPosts: 1New Users Noob
    At the beginning we used Admob and everything seemed to be fine. However it was a bit difficult to use because we didn’t have enough optimization experience and our ads was not implemented properly. Thus, the earnings were not so high.

Then, we switched to Epom Apps. They analyzed our app and suggested some changes into ad placements.

We want to try Appodeal, and proceed with SDK integration
    @astersdo: How do you justify access to calendar, if your app doesn't need this access to sensitive data anyway, especially if it is a game? Apple review might reject the app or users may think the app is stealing their data.
    dobry wrote: »
    @astersdo: How do you justify access to calendar, if your app doesn't need this access to sensitive data anyway, especially if it is a game? Apple review might reject the app or users may think the app is stealing their data.

I'm sure Amazon use the information legally.
    But what do you write in NSCalendarsUsageDescription string?
    It's difficult to explain why my app should access the calendar.

Btw - Latest Appodeal SDK is from 1st of June (!) and has a size of 793 MB (!).
    Amazon say to put "Advertisement would like to create a calendar event." in there ;)
    It adds 20 to 50mb to your app depending upon what networks / types of interstitial you select (I think). Has added about 40mb to mine.
    Apple will pass your app. I have been using the Calendar setting for years because of Amazon ads.
    dobry wrote: »
    But what do you write in NSCalendarsUsageDescription string?
    It's difficult to explain why my app should access the calendar.

Btw - Latest Appodeal SDK is from 1st of June (!) and has a size of 793 MB (!).

Use the following...

$(PRODUCT_NAME) calendar events

Here are all the value codes for privacy settings...

https://iosdevcenters.blogspot.com/2016/09/infoplist-privacy-settings-in-ios-10.html
    edited August 16
    There's a bug in the SDK so until they fix it I would probably avoid Appodeal :(
    Post edited by astersdo on
  • sparksosparkso Posts: 512Registered Users @ @ @
    astersdo wrote: »
    There's a bug in the SDK so until they fix it I would probably avoid Appodeal :(

what bug is it?

For me the major concern about using these auto ad aggregators is -- will it be another mobclix?
    I'm looking at Heyzap now. Yeah, I know what you mean about Mobclix.
    The bug is huge and causes loss of revenue so I'll see if they fix it asap before going in to it.