Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apple streamlines iTunes 12.7 by removing the App Store

2»

Replies

• dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,605New Users @ @ @ @ @
    sparkso wrote: »
    I just encountered a VERY annoying problem with this.
    You know whenever you open an itunes web link in chrome or some other browser, it asks you to "Open in iTunes"? I accidentally clicked "remember my choice" and clicked open....

Now whenever i open a itunes web link in chrome, it will open iTunes on mac, which will then open the same itunes web link in a new chrome tab, which then opens iTunes again... and loops forever....

How can i disable chrome from opening itunes automatically? i searched the internet and found old methods which doesn't apply to the new versions of chrome and iTunes..

In Chrome's "Preferences", click "Advanced" at the bottom. Then, under the "Privacy" heading, click the "Content Settings" button. In here is a section on "handlers". Click that and you can then turn the feature itself on/off.
  • sparksosparkso Posts: 535Registered Users @ @ @
    dev666999 wrote: »

In Chrome's "Preferences", click "Advanced" at the bottom. Then, under the "Privacy" heading, click the "Content Settings" button. In here is a section on "handlers". Click that and you can then turn the feature itself on/off.

Ah ok thanks, but i just reset the whole chrome settings before i saw your message which worked too ;)
  • bellissimobellissimo Posts: 192Registered Users @ @
    iekei wrote: »
    It does show data for App Store Search and Web Referrals. From Web Referrals, Delphipgmr can estimate the loss, if any and when it began, from web searches on computers where the links no longer resolve in iTunes. The loss ratio and the date when that began should be the similar to the App Store Search loss if the changes to the computer iTunes app are to blame.

So if they searched on the web, then ended up opening in iTunes and installing with iTunes, this would show up in the analytics as a Web Referral?
  • iekeiiekei Posts: 594Registered Users @ @ @
    That's what you'd expect.
  • bellissimobellissimo Posts: 192Registered Users @ @
    Interesting. I have about a 7% web referral rate, though I expect most of those are from mobile not desktop. Still hard to imagine a 90% referral rate from a desktop.
  • astersdoastersdo USAPosts: 627New Users @ @ @
    astersdo wrote: »

These guys are really becoming a big joke
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,605New Users @ @ @ @ @
    sparkso wrote: »
    astersdo wrote: »

These guys are really becoming a big joke

I totally agree with you.

As for Apple, here's my reply...HAHAHAHA!!!!

It always still was available, and that's old news in any case.
    iekei wrote: »
    It always still was available, and that's old news in any case.

You're wrong. It's a new version with iPhone X compatibility.
    Look at the release date and tell me that it was October 9th news.
    It's barely a month old is it? Macrumors don't always have the news on the day. One month isn't "always".
    yeah you are wrong iekei.
    Wrong, about what?
2»