Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Apple Screwing... Educational and Dice Subcategories removed from App Store.

dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,618New Users @ @ @ @ @
So why the screwing. Well, if you're one of the developers who got slammed by Apple with their "Spam" or "Design" rejection on an update, get ready to be f*cked again. Developers who got hit with that, would not update their remaining apps, because Apple would not approve them. So with this latest notice from Apple, you MUST update and switch categories, or else you will lose your visibility in the store. In effect you will have a dead subcategory that no longer exists.

Here is the letter, developers are receiving... There is an implied timetable as to when it will happen, but the suggestion to upgrade your app, is a kick in the balls.

Dear Beloved Developer,

Starting today, the Educational subcategory under Games will no longer be available for selection in iTunes Connect and will be removed from the App Store in the future. You are receiving this email because you have one or more apps in this subcategory.

While no action is required since subcategory selection is optional, you can change your app’s subcategory during your next update as described in View and edit app information, or change it now if your app has an editable app status.

To learn more about App Store categories, see Choosing a Category. If you have any questions, contact us.

Best regards,
The App Store Team

Replies

• iekeiiekei Posts: 602Registered Users @ @ @
    It's all over now. I'm switching to Android.
  • astersdoastersdo USAPosts: 640New Users @ @ @
    edited October 5
    I'm giving Android another try too. Personally I think they would have been better with more categories.
    Post edited by astersdo on
  • ChristieMaiChristieMai BristolPosts: 29New Users @
    Are these categories removed or not? It seems that Dice is still selectable as a subcategory as of today.