Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Huge drop in downloads on 5th October

astersdoastersdo USAPosts: 640New Users @ @ @
I had a huge drop in downloads on the 5th October across around 20 apps. Near halved across the board. Anybody else?

Replies

• tmongytmongy Posts: 94New Users @
    Yeah same here! Glad to hear it's not just me
  • astersdoastersdo USAPosts: 640New Users @ @ @
    Weird, I wonder why.
  • iekeiiekei Posts: 602Registered Users @ @ @
    None for me.
  • anappdev2anappdev2 Posts: 104New Users @ @
    Not impacted so far...
    Mine are way lower since IOS 11. Might be temporary, or might be the new normal.
  • id256id256 Posts: 83New Users @
    Mine are lower too. Probably, that's because of some negative reviews being more visible now. I guess they do matter for paid apps...
    Mine are mostly 4.5 stars. All dropped like a stone. I guess the new IOS11 store is the culprit. Now looking at Android again. Disappointed as I love XCode.
    id256 wrote: »
    Mine are lower too. Probably, that's because of some negative reviews being more visible now. I guess they do matter for paid apps...
    Can you do free versions? Best thing I ever did is move away from paid.

Yeah much lower for me too since iOS11. I've been on Android for years and it is definitely worth it.
  • sparksosparkso Posts: 551Registered Users @ @ @
    tmongy wrote: »
    Yeah much lower for me too since iOS11. I've been on Android for years and it is definitely worth it.

how do you market? I tried android too but don't get a lot of downloads.
  • id256id256 Posts: 83New Users @
    edited October 13
    astersdo wrote: »
    Can you do free versions? Best thing I ever did is move away from paid.

So do you have both free and paid versions? Or a free with in-apps? Did it affect the number of page views and revenue significantly?

I actually use the paid&in-apps model, but the revenue is mainly generated by the app's purchases themselves. According to my superficial calculations, if I make it freemium and its download rate would increate by let's say 5 times (in case the number of page views stays the same), the total revenue will decrease.
  • macanacasmacanacas Posts: 85Registered Users @
    I also use the paid & ads+iap model, I make more from the free ones, but currently I'm more worried about the 4.3 guideline thing, have not updated my apps in a while, and I'm afraid that I may have to remove either the paid or free app..
    Anyone here that uses this model have run into the 4.3 rejection problem ??
    sparkso wrote: »
    tmongy wrote: »

how do you market? I tried android too but don't get a lot of downloads.

I did some marketing for Android in the very beginning to get the ball rolling on some downloads and reviews. After that I just optimised the store listing using the A/B testing in the developer console (which is awesome by the way).

I also noticed Android users leave a lot more reviews (I guess it could also be because it's easier to leave a review), which helps with the downloads, which helps with the reviews. If you can get that cycle going you'll start seeing some good downloads and revenue.