Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why don't Apple Devs get iPhoneX delivery priority?

astersdoastersdo USAPosts: 640New Users @ @ @
Simulators are never perfect in my experience. Why don't devs get priority delivery? I bet a tonne of existing apps don't display right especially free apps with banners. Time was when devs got free phones in advance of the device release ... those were the days!

Replies

• sparksosparkso Posts: 542Registered Users @ @ @
    astersdo wrote: »
    Simulators are never perfect in my experience. Why don't devs get priority delivery? I bet a tonne of existing apps don't display right especially free apps with banners. Time was when devs got free phones in advance of the device release ... those were the days!

I guess cos then you will get a lot of fake developers.
  • astersdoastersdo USAPosts: 640New Users @ @ @
    Yeah I guess so. I wonder what reviews we will get when they land on the 3rd :)
  • bellissimobellissimo Posts: 204Registered Users @ @
    edited November 2
    Existing apps compiled under iOS 10 (or less) should work in compatibility mode. So they should look and behave exactly how an app running on an iPhone 8 would. Apple are usually very good at maintaining backwards compatibility and I would not foresee any problems.

If you have released an app built with iOS 11, then you would have tested it in the iPhone X simulator. While this is not ideal, it is usually pretty reliable for UI stuff.