Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to delete app from bundle or delete bundle?

Is there any way to delete an app bundle from iTunes Connect? As you know, if you try to submit a new app to the store that is even somewhat similar to another app in your portfolio you will get hit with 4.3 Spam policy rejection.

In order to avoid this I would like to delete another similar app, but in order to delete the app it cannot be associated with a bundle. However, there seems to be no way to delete an app bundle or remove apps from it.

How do we handle this?

Replies

• dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,613New Users @ @ @ @ @
    I've done that. But it was a few years ago. I had a botched launch, so wanted to relaunch the app with a different name. There should be a dropdown menu, that i.e. tells you "delete this app". You will then get a warning, stating that you are permanently deleting this app.

I suspect even with all that, you may be wasting your time. Evidently, Apple's Review Team keeps records of everything you've submitted from day one. When I did it, the reviewer stated... you already have an app like that. I then explained my problem and he/she let me through.

With the current 4.3 Spam policy, I doubt that would fly today.

• bellissimobellissimo Posts: 204Registered Users @ @
    You can't delete app bundles, or even add or remove apps from the bundle. You can however uncheck the 'Cleared for Sale' checkbox to remove it from the App Store. You would then need to create a new bundle with the new set of apps. Not sure why bundles are so restricted in this respect.