Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need advice on how to proceed regarding the 4.3 policy

macanacasmacanacas Posts: 85Registered Users @
I have several game apps, in most of them I have two versions: Paid & Free w Ads+IAP.
I have not updated them in a while, and for what I have read, I will most probably be hit with the 4.3 policy when I update.
So I'm thinking on removing the Paid versions, as the Free ones make more $, the bad thing on this is that I'll also lose some Bundles that contain many of the Paid versions, and often get sales from the bundles.
So what you guys recommend ???, remove from sale the Paid ones ?, Delete them instead ?, Update and see what happens ?, I'm not sure about that last one since I don't want to be flagged.

Replies

• sparksosparkso Posts: 542Registered Users @ @ @
    I recently submitted a new pair of apps (paid + free), went through ok.
  • astersdoastersdo USAPosts: 640New Users @ @ @
    Mine were fine too. Live within 24hrs of submission.
  • UIUsUIUs Posts: 168Moderators Admin
    You appear to have many similar apps that would fall under Apple's 4.3 Spam rule. Apple will most likely tell you to combine those into one app. I am referring to your "Match" games.

http://www.boviosoft.com
  • sparksosparkso Posts: 542Registered Users @ @ @
    UIUs wrote: »
    You appear to have many similar apps that would fall under Apple's 4.3 Spam rule. Apple will most likely tell you to combine those into one app. I am referring to your "Match" games.

how did you find out he got these match games?
  • CoDEFRoCoDEFRo Posts: 643New Users @ @ @
    I submitted paid and free recently and it was fine too. Is that really part of it?
    sparkso wrote: »
    UIUs wrote: »

how did you find out he got these match games?

By going to his developer site, boviosoft.com. His older ID was @vbovio and he listed his site on his details page. His current ID @macanacas will soon be banned. You're only allowed one ID per user. I am leaving this thread up for now, as a courtesy.

CoDEFRo wrote: »
    I submitted paid and free recently and it was fine too. Is that really part of it?

I think what it comes down to is this. If you've been flagged by Apple, you will wear the Crimson Letter pretty much forever, as it becomes part of your developer file. If you haven't been flagged consider yourself lucky. There is no rhyme or reason as to how and when Apple will flag you. Depends on the reviewer, and it also depends if that reviewer is on the rag. But once flagged, they will always review your new apps and updates with more scrutiny. For a while, Apple was hitting developers hard and heavy. Perhaps they have backed down a bit? Transparency was never Apple's strong point.
  • bellissimobellissimo Posts: 204Registered Users @ @
    Not sure I have actually heard of anyone being flagged for having a paid and free app combo. They seemed to be cracking down on people who have many similar apps (e.g. travel app with a variation for each region).
  • SeanyKSeanyK Posts: 195Registered Users @ @
    I had a music app, there was a locked down version (free, which was ad supported and several IAPs) and a paid version which of course had everything unlocked and no ads.

Updated the free one, fine, updated the paid one, rejected for 4.3
    This was a few months ago, the app has since gone (as it was not 64 bit supported until I updated it) maybe I will try again...

To me, that is not really spam, as some people buy apps outright rather than freemium.
    Well Apple do strongly recommend you go down the freemium route. Seems a bit harsh to insist older apps are changed though. Saying that, not much doing in Paid apps these days unless you are high in the charts.
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,613New Users @ @ @ @ @
    bellissimo wrote: »
    Well Apple do strongly recommend you go down the freemium route. Seems a bit harsh to insist older apps are changed though. Saying that, not much doing in Paid apps these days unless you are high in the charts.

You're completely clueless. Just because it has not happened to you, does not make all those developers wrong. Give it time. You will be singing a different tune then.
    Err, what part of my response are you referring to exactly? I don't think I suggested anyone was wrong about anything...