Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vicious cycle

chemistrychemistry Posts: 544Registered Users @ @ @
1. You apply for an iOS dev program, write an app and submit to the app store. Got approved, nice. YAY.
2. You decided to update the app for whatever reason.
3. App reviewer rejects you a few times because they can never explain exactly what's wrong with your app and you just have to keep guessing what they are looking for. Having submitted and rejected multiple times, your app gets flagged and it takes forever to review.
4. So what you do now you try to submit it under a new bundle id in a hope it will be different, if you are lucky, you get through, if not, they flag your account for spamming.
5. Now you decide to open another developer account just in case, cos your whole family depends on your app business, good to have a backup plan.
6. Submit an completely new app in this new account, got through, ok. Update it later then somehow you get a termination notice for both accounts cos they found out you got two accounts or for whatever reason they never explain.
7. Now back to step 1 if you still want to do this business.

Damn Apple, your review team is just flawed.
Tagged:

Replies

• dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,613New Users @ @ @ @ @
    You probably violated one of these most basic rules when opening multiple accounts. PM for details.

Having said that, Apple only cares about Apple. Your family, rent, mortgage, health etc can go straight to hell in Apple's eyes.

They are insensitive to your needs, because they've gotten too big, too powerful, and too bureaucratic.
  • bellissimobellissimo Posts: 204Registered Users @ @
    Having multiple accounts is a definite no-no, so not surprised about that. It is usually possible to actually speak to someone, which I think is necessary if it keeps getting rejected.
    bellissimo wrote: »
    Having multiple accounts is a definite no-no, so not surprised about that. It is usually possible to actually speak to someone, which I think is necessary if it keeps getting rejected.

Yes you can. It's called a "Courtesy Call". They will then reject you all over again. I know developers who have gone through that "sh*t".
    Personally I have always found them to be pleasant and helpful in resolving issues. The people working there are just humans like you and me after all. I suppose if you go into the call with an attitude, it is less likely to work though. Being polite, professional but insistent usually works best.
    bellissimo wrote: »
    Personally I have always found them to be pleasant and helpful in resolving issues. The people working there are just humans like you and me after all. I suppose if you go into the call with an attitude, it is less likely to work though. Being polite, professional but insistent usually works best.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

What planet do you live on?

The developers I talked to were VERY polite. After all, they were professionals in other fields. They found Apple to be polite too, but there was no budging from the script they were reading from. Once they mark you, you're basically screwed. No amount of logic in dealing with them worked. It appears that the orders were coming from higher up, and therefore, there was nothing they could do to help you.
    Well as I said, this was my personal experience. Sorry if this seems crazy to you, but believe it or not sometimes people have a positive outcome when dealing with Apple.

If you base your experience on embittered developers, who no doubt have an axe to grind, then I doubt you will get an unbiased account.