Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Generate /Submit a CSR

GauravJainGauravJain Posts: 26Registered Users
edited November 2010 in Business, Legal, & App Store
Hi, I have developed an application in Mac and now need to move to iPhone. I am able to create a CSR but unabke to submit that for approval.:( . I follwed all the steps mentioned in the link below: http://developer.apple.com/iphone/my/certificates/team/howto.action
When I try to add the CSR, I can't do so because I can't browse the certificate from my Mac machine where I saved it .
Post edited by GauravJain on

Replies

• JindalJindal Posts: 109Registered Users
    edited June 2009
    GauravJain wrote: »
    Hi, I have developed an application in Mac and now need to move to iPhone. I am able to create a CSR but unabke to submit that for approval.:( . I follwed all the steps mentioned in the link below: http://developer.apple.com/iphone/my/certificates/team/howto.action
    When I try to add the CSR, I can't do so because I can't browse the certificate from my Mac machine where I saved it .

Start by generating a certificate signing request (CSR) on your computer:

Launch Keychain Access, located in /Applications/Utilities.

Choose Keychain Access > Certificate Assistant > Request a Certificate From a Certificate Authority.

In the Certificate Information window:

In the User Email Address field, enter your email address.

In the Common Name field, enter your name.

In the “Request is” group, select the “Saved to disk” option.

Select “Let me specify key pair information.”

Click Continue.

Choose your desktop as the location for the CSR file.

In the Key Pair Information pane, choose 2048 as the key size and RSA as the algorithm.

The Certificate Assistant saves a CSR file to your desktop.

Submit the CSR to the Program Portal.

After the CSR is approved by your team admin, you can download your development certificate from the Program Portal
    Thank You,
  • GauravJainGauravJain Posts: 26Registered Users
    edited June 2009
    That means that the Team admin who is also our team member will approve the CSR, only then we can browse it from the Mac ?
    Or, the team admin is a member of Apple Dev ?
  • JindalJindal Posts: 109Registered Users
    edited June 2009
    GauravJain wrote: »
    That means that the Team admin who is also our team member will approve the CSR, only then we can browse it from the Mac ?
    Or, the team admin is a member of Apple Dev ?

That means your team admin have rights to approve it, after submit CSR file team admin do approve it. after click approve just go to other tab and come back its ready for download.
    Thank You,
  • GauravJainGauravJain Posts: 26Registered Users
    edited June 2009
    I am able to create the form but can't submit the same to the team admin because I can't select/browse the form from my Mac machine.
  • johnqhjohnqh Posts: 812Registered Users @ @ @
    edited June 2009
    Follow the Apple instructions.

You are only asking other peoples to read and then write the instructions for you. There is nothing we can add which is not already in the instructions, which is detailed and clear.
  • VijendranVijendran Posts: 6New Users
    edited April 2010
    Jindal wrote: »
    Start by generating a certificate signing request (CSR) on your computer:

Launch Keychain Access, located in /Applications/Utilities.

Choose Keychain Access > Certificate Assistant > Request a Certificate From a Certificate Authority.

In the Certificate Information window:

In the User Email Address field, enter your email address.

In the Common Name field, enter your name.

In the “Request is” group, select the “Saved to disk” option.

Select “Let me specify key pair information.”

Click Continue.

Choose your desktop as the location for the CSR file.

In the Key Pair Information pane, choose 2048 as the key size and RSA as the algorithm.

The Certificate Assistant saves a CSR file to your desktop.

Submit the CSR to the Program Portal.

After the CSR is approved by your team admin, you can download your development certificate from the Program Portal

when I submit my generated CSR, program portal shows following error message: " We are unable to upload this Certificate file because it is invalid. Please check the file and try again." any idea :confused:

I was able to submit CSR and get developer certificate, but later I lost that CSR, am creating new CSR for distribution certificate but ending up with above error.
  • vladmobivladmobi Posts: 1New Users
    edited April 2010
    Vijendran wrote: »
    when I submit my generated CSR, program portal shows following error message: " We are unable to upload this Certificate file because it is invalid. Please check the file and try again." any idea :confused:

I was able to submit CSR and get developer certificate, but later I lost that CSR, am creating new CSR for distribution certificate but ending up with above error.

Hi,

We are seeing the same issue " We are unable to upload this Certificate file because it is invalid. Please check the file and try again." Did you find how to fix it? Please provide me details.
  • LearningTouchLearningTouch Posts: 211Registered Users
    edited April 2010
    I have never understood the instructions from Apple, but I know that if I follow them step by step they work. I've done this several time with new team members. It always feels very complicated to me, but if I follow the instructions step by step it works.
  • sonvuhungsonvuhung Posts: 1New Users
    edited April 2010
    I did exactly according this instruction.

https://developer.apple.com/iphone/manage/distribution/index.action

1. In your Applications folder, open the Utilities folder and launch Keychain Access.
    2. In the Preferences menu, set Online Certificate Status Protocol (OSCP) and Certificate Revocation List (CRL) to “Off”.
    3. Choose Keychain Access -> Certificate Assistant -> Request a Certificate from a Certificate Authority. Note: If you have a private key highlighted in the Keychain during this process, the resulting Certificate Request will not be accepted by the Provisioning Portal. Confirm that you are selecting “Request a Certificate From a Certificate Authority...” and not selecting “Request a Certificate From a Certificate Authority with <Private Key>…”
    4. In the User Email Address field, enter your email address. Please ensure that the email address entered matches the information that was submitted when you registered as an iPhone Developer.
    5. In the Common Name field enter your Company/Organization/Department name. Please ensure that the name entered matches the information that was submitted when you registered as an iPhone Developer.
    6. No CA Email Address is required.
    7. Select the ‘Saved to Disk’ radio button and if present, select ‘Let me specify key pair information’ and click ‘Continue’.
    8. If ‘Let me specify key pair’ was selected, specify a file name and click ‘Save’. In the following screen select ‘2048 bits’ for the Key Size and ‘RSA’ for the Algorithm. Click ‘Continue’.

But i got an Unknown Error Occurred : Unknown Error = -61 as the result. Can not create a CSR file : (

Please help : (
  • IDevIDev Posts: 13Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    I had the same problem , you can solve it easily ,

1. Go to Keychain Utility
    2. OPen prefences .
    3. you will the option , "Reset Keychain" ,
    and restart you Keychain .

Regards.
    Yasir
  • ryandoomryandoom Posts: 1New Users
    edited October 2010
    This had me stumped for about an hour. I switched my web browser to Safari and uploaded it and everything worked fine.

I was trying all kinds of crazy things! Then when I was Googling I saw a tweet of someone complaining about this, and sure enough it didn't like that I was using Chrome to upload the files.

(which is weird since they are both Webkit, but issue resolved)

Ryan
    Mobile Phone Development
  • mikelowemikelowe Posts: 66Registered Users
    edited October 2010
    I was trying this in google chrome and it did not work. I did it in safari and it worked. weird.
  • jjiajjia Posts: 1New Users
    edited October 2010
    When we click continue, after specifying save to disk, nothing is created at the specified location, and it never gives us the opportunity to specify the key pair information.

Has anyone else encountered this problem before?

If so any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • IronMikeIronMike Posts: 98Registered Users @
    edited November 2010
    I like how people are chastised for not following Apple's instructions to the tee WHEN THEY ARE! I couldn't figure out why my CSR was being rejected and found this page and the few that were helpful gave the best advice: you must use Safari to upload the file.

Funny, I didn't read that in Apple's or anyone else's instructions above.

USE SAFARI AND IT WILL WORK. Then you can switch back to Chrome.