Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wait_fences: failed to receive reply: 10004003

tskotitskoti Posts: 31Registered Users
Hi

Any body having Idea about this Error in IPhone OS 3.0, it is coming while running the application.

While debugging i can see the data. but if i reset and run the application (Strangely ) i am not getting that data.

plz help,

thanks
Koti
Post edited by tskoti on

Replies

• DutchDutch Posts: 884Registered Users
    edited May 2009
    tskoti wrote: »
    Hi

Any body having Idea about this Error in IPhone OS 3.0, it is coming while running the application.

While debugging i can see the data. but if i reset and run the application (Strangely ) i am not getting that data.

plz help,

thanks
    Koti

I am getting this error when clicking the OK/Cancel buttons on my custom UIAlertView (with textField).
    -(void)doAddNewFolder{

UIAlertView *myAlertView = [[UIAlertView alloc] initWithTitle:@"New Folder Name:" message:@"this gets covered" delegate:self cancelButtonTitle:@"Cancel" otherButtonTitles:@"OK", nil];
    	UITextField *myTextField = [[UITextField alloc] initWithFrame:CGRectMake(12.0, 45.0, 260.0, 25.0)];
    	[myTextField setBackgroundColor:[UIColor whiteColor]];
    	[myAlertView addSubview:myTextField];

CGAffineTransform myTransform = CGAffineTransformMakeTranslation(0.0, 130.0);
    	[myAlertView setTransform:myTransform];		
    	[myAlertView show];
    	[myTextField becomeFirstResponder];
    	[myAlertView release];	
    	[myTextField release];

}

- (void) alertView:(UIAlertView*)alert didDismissWithButtonIndex:(NSInteger)index
    {
        NSLog(@"Whatever");
    }

any idea why this is?
  • mikepmikep Posts: 31Registered Users
    edited June 2009
    Hi

I'm not sure what it means, but are you getting memory warnings before you see it?

I am getting it as well. It shows up right after didReceiveMemoryWarning.
    I release some unused views when I get didReceiveMemoryWarning.

The wait_fences message shows up right after that.
  • JoewoofJoewoof Posts: 1New Users
    edited June 2009
    Got it myself earlier and fixed it. It seems to occur when a subview (eg. UIAlertView) is created prior to its parent/super view. Something to do with the responder chain, maybe?

Anyway, try moving the view codes around to fix the problem.
  • Tyr0Tyr0 Posts: 25Registered Users
    edited June 2009
    I had the same problem, it occurred by placing a UITextField in a UIAlertView, so i had to
    [myTextField removeFromSuperview]; when a button was pressed on my alertview.
  • liu4mliu4m Posts: 2New Users
    edited July 2009
    I had this occur on my actual device. When I chose to shoot pictures in my camera and put it in a uiimageview I got this error. The strange thing was it had been working fine before. So I knew it was not the code. I rebooted my iPhone and that fixed it.
  • onetrickponysoftonetrickponysoft Posts: 2New Users
    edited August 2009
    I got the same issue, just add [mytextfield resignFirstResponder]; to the clickedButtonAtIndex delegate method, and it'll work. clickedButtonAtIndex dismisses the UIAlertView by calling [alertview resignfirstresponder], but unless you resign the textfield at the top of the stack, you get the error.
  • hummer330hummer330 Posts: 1New Users
    edited August 2009
    Dutch wrote: »
    I am getting this error when clicking the OK/Cancel buttons on my custom UIAlertView (with textField).
    -(void)doAddNewFolder{

UIAlertView *myAlertView = [[UIAlertView alloc] initWithTitle:@"New Folder Name:" message:@"this gets covered" delegate:self cancelButtonTitle:@"Cancel" otherButtonTitles:@"OK", nil];
    	UITextField *myTextField = [[UITextField alloc] initWithFrame:CGRectMake(12.0, 45.0, 260.0, 25.0)];
    	[myTextField setBackgroundColor:[UIColor whiteColor]];
    	[myAlertView addSubview:myTextField];

CGAffineTransform myTransform = CGAffineTransformMakeTranslation(0.0, 130.0);
    	[myAlertView setTransform:myTransform];		
    	[myAlertView show];
    	[myAlertView release];	
    	[myTextField release];

}

- (void) alertView:(UIAlertView*)alert didDismissWithButtonIndex:(NSInteger)index
    {
        NSLog(@"Whatever");
    }

any idea why this is?
    I had same issue, however I found the way out. The thing is you need to do something inside of didDismissWithButtonIndex method. I did another alter, now, it works great.

Hope this helpful.
  • waghmanwaghman Posts: 11Registered Users
    edited December 2009
    overide viewDidappear not viewWillAppear:

-(void) viewDidAppear:(BOOL) animated
    {
    [super viewDidAppear:animated];
    }
  • cjlcjl Posts: 1New Users
    edited January 2010
    I got the same issue, just add [mytextfield resignFirstResponder]; to the clickedButtonAtIndex delegate method, and it'll work. clickedButtonAtIndex dismisses the UIAlertView by calling [alertview resignfirstresponder], but unless you resign the textfield at the top of the stack, you get the error.

THANK YOU!!!

I was going crazy with a problem I had with the view I load after an alert I have which contains a UITextField. I was getting the "wait_fences: failed to receive reply:" and the view that loaded after this error was the wrong size!!! For some reason it was being created with a height of 632. Attempts to force the view to resize failed.

After adding the resignFirstResponder call to my alert code, the error went away and the view size issue went away.
  • almoalmo Posts: 8New Users
    edited February 2010
    - (void)alertView:(UIAlertView *)alertView didDismissWithButtonIndex:(NSInteger)buttonIndex
    {
    	UITextField* theTextField = ((UITextField*)[alertView viewWithTag: 5]);

if(buttonIndex == 1)
    	{
    		// string processing deleted
    	}
    	[theTextField resignFirstResponder];
    }

So I have the same problem. I've tried resigningFirstResponder, and I'm still getting the error.
  • LefterisLefteris Posts: 1New Users
    edited April 2010
    Just resign first responder using this:
    [[(AlertPrompt *)alertView textField] resignFirstResponder];

• IcyBlueRoseIcyBlueRose Posts: 5New Users
    edited August 2010
    Hi

plz help,

thanks
    Koti

I had this same problem. For me, the problem was that I had a UIAlertView within a method returning a BOOL. When the calling method didn't immediately get a TRUE OR FALSE returned (because it was waiting on the alert to be dismissed), this error occurred. So I had to re-write a bit of code so that the UIAlertView could be displayed after the return from the method call.
  • lidderslidders Posts: 1New Users
    edited November 2010
    I was getting this error whilst trying to display an alert telling the user that a text field was incomplete. After the alert I wanted the text field to become the first responder so they could re enter the data.

A quick & easy fix which worked for me was to use:
    performSelector:withObject:afterDelay

to execute the code a few ms after the actionsheet / alert was dismissed. e.g:
    - (void)alertView:(UIAlertView *)alertView didDismissWithButtonIndex:(NSInteger)buttonIndex
    {
    	[textField performSelector:@selector(becomeFirstResponder)
    			   withObject:nil
    			   afterDelay:0.5];

}