Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best way to change front end of app currently using XIBs?

garysalgadogarysalgado New YorkPosts: 1New Users Noob
Hi,
I'm taking on a project for work to re-build a pre-existing app developed by an old employee who we don't have contact with anymore. The app currently uses a XIB file, uses images as background and the CGPoint, CGRect class to build the front end of the app. I want to abandon all of this and use a storyboard as a front end, that way it has a more common recognizable iOS app look. The app is very simple, it uses the IDTech SDK to communicate with a card-reading device plugged into the headphone jack, reads the data and then sends it to a different app using the iOS URL Scheme, that's it. I'm not very experienced so I would appreciate some pointers on the best way to go about this. Can I modify the existing XIB to use XCode storyboard UI? Should I create a storyboard file and rework the code to work with this new file? What are my options? I'm much more comfortable writing Swift code than Objective-C which is what the app mostly uses currently.

Thanks in advance!