Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

idleTimerDisabled not working

kgodardkgodard Posts: 26Registered Users
edited September 2009 in iOS SDK Development
I have an app that used idleTimerDisabled to disable the auto lock from dimming the screen when the user is in the app like so

[UIApplication sharedApplication].idleTimerDisabled = YES;

Since updating to 3.0 this no longer works. The screen dims, the music keeps playing but the iphone locks and you have to hit the home button. They couldn't have removed this feature as it's very important to games that only use the accelerometer. Has anyone else run into this problem?
Post edited by kgodard on
<a href="http://www.shablabla.com" target="_blank">Shablabla</a>
· ·

Replies

• chillidesignchillidesign Posts: 4New Users
    edited July 2009
    Hi - Did you ever get this resolved as I'm experiencing this with an App at the moment.

Thanks
    · ·
  • jamesbrannanjamesbrannan Posts: 182New Users
    edited July 2009
    Hi - Did you ever get this resolved as I'm experiencing this with an App at the moment.

Thanks

Bump....I also have an application that this seems to not work. The specific bug is that once you start using the music player, you are out of luck, this setting has no effect. There is an Apple bug report on this issue, but as as of 3.1 this hasn't been fixed, has anybody figured out a workaround?

James A. Brannan
    iPhone SDK Programming: A Beginner's Guide.
    · ·
  • aryaxtaryaxt Posts: 570Registered Users
    edited July 2009
    Did you get this fixed?
    · ·
  • jamesbrannanjamesbrannan Posts: 182New Users
    edited July 2009
    aryaxt wrote: »
    Did you get this fixed?
    Nope. It's a bug, still a bug in 3.1, when you play the ipod songs, iphone ignores the setting for your application and you can't change it.

The only workaround I've found is to tell users to set their phone to never Auto-Lock.

James A. Brannan
    · ·
  • aryaxtaryaxt Posts: 570Registered Users
    edited July 2009
    Thanks for the quick reply. Hopefult they will fix this soon, It makes my app very annoying hehe
    · ·
  • DvdkiteDvdkite Posts: 96Registered Users
    edited September 2009
    kgodard wrote: »
    [UIApplication sharedApplication].idleTimerDisabled = YES;

I've bought today a new Iphone 3GS 16GB and I've tested for the first time my first app (that should be a clock ALWAYS active to use when the phone is in the cradle)...

Ok I've used the code above in the quote (put in the viewDidLoad) plus a BOOL idleTimerDisabled; in the .h file and it work...

I'm supposing it work... I've got near the pc my iphone with the screen active for more than 5 minutes... and it's still there with my clock...

I've got original 3.0 firmware and sdk3.0....
    I'm very new to obj c programming but thanks to that instrucion my program seems to be perfect!

What do you think????

David
    · ·