Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game engine behind "Anytime Golf" up for sale

gfmgfm Posts: 12Registered Users
edited November 2009 in Help Wanted
Hi folks,

Robert here from Bork3D Games. I'm the programmer/designer of "Anytime Golf", a golf game recently released on iPhone. A few friends have asked me if they can license the game engine I created for Anytime Golf and I wanted to throw the offer out to the iPhone developer community at large to see if anyone else might be interested. If there's enough interest I'll put together some demos that aren't just completely awesome golf games :-)

OK I promise no more shameless self-promotion in this post... starting now. :-)

While the Bork3D engine isn't a "rapid game development tool" like some commercial offerings for iPhone, it does offer a solid foundation on which to build a game on top of. A proficient coder who has an idea for iPhone game would save months of time by starting from our engine.

So what does our engine offer?

* OpenGL ES abstraction layer
* Debug-rendering API
* Component-oriented game object system
* High-performance static and boned mesh rendering system w/ tool pipeline for 3dsmax and Maya
* Texture manager w/ tool pipeline
* Runtime "tweaker" for changing game variables via a web browser
* User interface widgets w/ abstractions for handling iPhone user input
* Font renderer w/ tool pipeline for generating fonts (supports unicode)
* In-game profiler
* Audio system for sound effects and background music
* Integration with the Bullet Physics SDK
* Unit test framework

It's all C++. There's only about 200 lines of Objective-C in the whole game, and even that is just a wrapper to get into C++. :-)

Lemme know if this is something that you might be interested in. You can reach me via our website (bork3d.com) or just post a follow-up on this thread.

Thanks!

-robert
Post edited by gfm on

Replies

• gfmgfm Posts: 12Registered Users
    edited May 2009
    OK back to the shameless self promotion, I should add some totally awesome screenshots to this thread..

s01.jpgs02.jpgs03.jpg
  • SensibleMonkeySensibleMonkey Posts: 1New Users
    edited June 2009
    Hi,

I'm interested in learning more about licensing the engine.

I wasn't able to find any direct contact info on the Bork3D site. You can contact me directly by pointing your browser at:

Steve Henson: Design, Illustration, Identity, User and Environmental Interaction

Thanks!
    Steve
    edited June 2009
    Hi,

I'm interested in learning more about licensing the engine.

The engine is priced much like other game engines. It is sold on a per-developer basis, so each programmer on your development team will require a license. Then there are two pricing tiers, one for "indy" developers who make less than $100,000 per year net revenue and another for "professional" developers who make $100,000 or more per year net revenue.

The indy license is $49/per developer
    The professional license is $199/per developer

For more information please contact marketing@bork3d.com

Cheers!
    edited June 2009
    I've posted more information about the engine on my blog:

Robert W. Rose [robertwrose.com]
    edited July 2009
    And now there's a website for the engine up, along with support forums. Online documentation coming soon!

Visit: Bork3D Games
  • jeffelkinsjeffelkins Posts: 73Registered Users
    edited July 2009
    gfm wrote: »
    And now there's a website for the engine up, along with support forums. Online documentation coming soon!

Visit: Bork3D Games

You had me until I saw the license hoops you've put in place to be jumped through.

Sending you $50 via PayPal is no huge deal, but signing and scanning paper and dealing with snail-mail is. Good luck anyway though!
    edited July 2009
    jeffelkins wrote: »
    You had me until I saw the license hoops you've put in place to be jumped through.

Sending you $50 via PayPal is no huge deal, but signing and scanning paper and dealing with snail-mail is. Good luck anyway though!

Snail mail? Sorry if you read snail mail somewhere that's a mistake, please let me know where you found that. :). Scan and email is the preferred way to get those contracts back at the moment, but I'll have an online acceptance agreement up hopefully soon.
  • jeffelkinsjeffelkins Posts: 73Registered Users
    edited July 2009
    gfm wrote: »
    Snail mail? Sorry if you read snail mail somewhere that's a mistake, please let me know where you found that. :). Scan and email is the preferred way to get those contracts back at the moment, but I'll have an online acceptance agreement up hopefully soon.

I must have misread one of the PDFs, sorry.

Please repost when you get the online AA set up. I'd also suggest that you have something freely downloadable, if not code, then perhaps a free app built with your toolkit. Best of luck!
    edited July 2009
    jeffelkins wrote: »
    I'd also suggest that you have something freely downloadable, if not code, then perhaps a free app built with your toolkit. Best of luck!

Check out Anytime Golf and/or Vector Blaster. They're both written using the engine and available on the app store. (There's a free version of Anytime Golf available).
    edited November 2009
    I've just launched a documentation wiki for the engine that is open to the public: Bork3D Game Engine Wiki

Some of the articles I've added are:

Art

* Exporting Textures
    * Exporting Models from 3DSMax

Code

* Rendering Landscape
    * Picking Objects with Raycasts
    * Using the Tweaker
    * Adding Sound Effects
    * Playing Background Music