I would like to create an app and I am seeking a developer. I work in construction contracting and one of the hardest parts of my job is putting together a solicitation that clearly indicates to the bidders what the client is looking for. When this step is done right, the job is easy. When it's done wrong, a lot of time and money is wasted trying to reconcile differences in interpretation.
In an effort to make the development of my app easier I'd like some input from app developers. I've got a few questions below and I'd appreciate any input. The goal for me is to make sure that when I solicit bids for development that I've the information that allows a developer to put together a good concept and an accurate price. I think this would be helpful to others as well.
1. What information does a developer need to accurately estimate the level of effort required to create an app?
2. What should I include so a developer can accurately estimate the cost of developing the app?
3. Is there a preferred format for putting a solicitation together?
4. When I communicate my concept, what sort of information should I include so a developer understands what I'm looking for?
5. When a developer meets a potential client, what are the 3 most important questions a developer asks?
I appreciate any input you can provide. I did a quick scan of the forum and didn't find any outlines for this kind of information, but I apologize if this is a re-post.