Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

App works fine on Debug but crashes on AdHoc

iber4.comiber4.com Posts: 119Registered Users @ @
Hello all,

I have an App that works perfectly on Debug (device and simulator) but once I archive it for AdHoc it just crashes.

Even with the Distribution provision files selected y clic play and works fine.

Now if I make an .ipa through AdHoc... it loads and crashes... 1seg... not even open.

I guess maybe something is wrong, but how on earth I can find the bug if there's any? I don't have any log message... :-( and it's a big big App.

Any idea?

THANKS!!!
We develop your application for iOS, Android and Windows to your needs, with the best value for your money in the market. Check it out!

http://iber4.com

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

iber4 Software Solutions for Mobile Devices. iOS & Android Application Development, API Integration with Mobile Apps, Migration, Maintenance & Support.

Replies

• iber4.comiber4.com Posts: 119Registered Users @ @
    This is what I get:

Thread 0 name: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
    Thread 0 Crashed:
    0 libobjc.A.dylib 0x38af35d0 objc_msgSend + 16
    1 CoreFoundation 0x39a0d4e8 CFURLCopyScheme + 144
    2 CoreGraphics 0x318e6e28 CGDataProviderCreateWithURL + 44
    3 CoreGraphics 0x318ffc5c CGPDFDocumentCreateWithURL + 4
    4 READERSoft 0x000e10f0 CGPDFDocumentCreateX (CGPDFDocument.m:42)
    5 READERSoft 0x000aeab4 -[ContentViewController viewDidLoad] (ContentViewController.m:56)
    6 UIKit 0x332ce544 -[UIViewController loadViewIfRequired] + 360
    7 UIKit 0x3330ed2c -[UIWindow addRootViewControllerViewIfPossible] + 60
    8 UIKit 0x3330aac8 -[UIWindow _setHidden:forced:] + 360
    9 UIKit 0x3334c19c -[UIWindow makeKeyAndVisible] + 56
    10 READERSoft 0x000b618a -[AppDelegate application:didFinishLaunchingWithOptions:] (AppDelegate.m:44)
    11 UIKit 0x3330fa74 -[UIApplication _handleDelegateCallbacksWithOptions:isSuspended:restoreState:] + 248
    12 UIKit 0x3330f5f8 -[UIApplication _callInitializationDelegatesForURL:payload:suspended:] + 1164
    13 UIKit 0x33307806 -[UIApplication _runWithURL:payload:launchOrientation:statusBarStyle:statusBarHidden:] + 694
    14 UIKit 0x332afcea -[UIApplication handleEvent:withNewEvent:] + 1006
    15 UIKit 0x332af778 -[UIApplication sendEvent:] + 68
    16 UIKit 0x332af1ba _UIApplicationHandleEvent + 6194
    17 GraphicsServices 0x39b435f4 _PurpleEventCallback + 588
    18 GraphicsServices 0x39b43222 PurpleEventCallback + 30
    19 CoreFoundation 0x39a743e4 __CFRUNLOOP_IS_CALLING_OUT_TO_A_SOURCE1_PERFORM_FUNCTION__ + 32
    20 CoreFoundation 0x39a74386 __CFRunLoopDoSource1 + 134
    21 CoreFoundation 0x39a7320a __CFRunLoopRun + 1378
    22 CoreFoundation 0x399e6238 CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 352
    23 CoreFoundation 0x399e60c4 CFRunLoopRunInMode + 100
    24 UIKit 0x33306440 -[UIApplication _run] + 664
    25 UIKit 0x3330328c UIApplicationMain + 1116
    26 READERSoft 0x000b5f5a main (main.m:9)
    27 READERSoft 0x000ae89c start + 36
    We develop your application for iOS, Android and Windows to your needs, with the best value for your money in the market. Check it out!

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

iber4 Software Solutions for Mobile Devices. iOS & Android Application Development, API Integration with Mobile Apps, Migration, Maintenance & Support.
  • Duncan CDuncan C Posts: 9,114Tutorial Authors, Registered Users @ @ @ @ @ @ @
    Try running it outside the debugger. Distribution builds have a setting in them that prevents them from running in the debugger, to make them harder for hackers to reverse-engineer.
    Regards,
    Duncan C
    WareTo

widehead.gif
    Animated GIF created with Face Dancer, available for free in the app store.

I'm available for one-on-one help at CodeMentor
    Hi Duncan... that's what I did... and it doesn't load the App...

I just can't figure out what's going on! :(

• Duncan CDuncan C Posts: 9,114Tutorial Authors, Registered Users @ @ @ @ @ @ @
    edited November 2012
    iber4.com said:

iber4.com said:

iber4.com said:

You install the app using iTunes and run it from the iOS "springboard" and it still crashes?

Looking at the crash log, it's crashing in your ContentViewController class, in the viewDidLoad method. It looks like line 56

(From this line of the crash log: )
    5 READERSoft 0x000aeab4 -[ContentViewController viewDidLoad] (ContentViewController.m:56)
    Then I see calls to display a PDF document, set up a data provider, and open a URL. I'd check into that area of your program.

Regards,
    Duncan C
    WareTo

widehead.gif
    Animated GIF created with Face Dancer, available for free in the app store.

I'm available for one-on-one help at CodeMentor
    You install the app using iTunes and run it from the iOS "springboard" and it still crashes?
    Yes, it still crashes... but not using Debug...

What can make the difference???

• smithdale87smithdale87 Posts: 4,447iPhone Dev SDK Supporter @ @ @ @ @
    When I see this "objc_msgSend " in the log, it typically is related to you overreleasing or not retaining something that you should have.