Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What changes required when screen rotates ?

mandadi.harimandadi.hari Posts: 24Registered Users
edited December 2012 in iOS SDK Development
Hi ,

When we rotate the simulator screen the application user interface changed completely and i am not able to see the bottom elements of the screen. How i can handle user interface when we rotate the simulator screen and what changes required for that in coding or settings.
Can any one suggest me the required approach which can be useful in implementing the above.

Regards
Hari.M

Replies

• DomeleDomele Posts: 2,991Registered Users @ @ @ @ @
    It depends on how you want to layout your screen in landscape. You can manually layout your interface if it changes in a non predictable manner, you can use struts and springs, or you can use auto layout if you are only targeting iOS 6.
    If you are looking for a quality developer, I'm your man. Give me a PM if you are interested.<br />
    <br />
    New app - See screenshots and details at <a href="http://www.globaclock.com"; target="_blank">www.globaclock.com</a>.<br />
    <br />
    If you want to
  • mandadi.harimandadi.hari Posts: 24Registered Users
    edited December 2012
    Hi Domele,

Thanks for your reply, I am trying to target for iOS 5.1.How i can use springs and struts in xcode 4.3.1

I am trying to rotate Landscape Left.All elements are displaying in run time in my application.How i can write struts and springs can you suggest me how to do it.

• Duncan CDuncan C Posts: 9,114Tutorial Authors, Registered Users @ @ @ @ @ @ @

Hi Domele,

Thanks for your reply, I am trying to target for iOS 5.1.How i can use springs and struts in xcode 4.3.1

I am trying to rotate Landscape Left.All elements are displaying in run time in my application.How i can write struts and springs can you suggest me how to do it.

The Stanford University lectures available in iTunes university include an explanation of struts and springs and how to use them

Check out the slides in this link (From lecture #5)

Stanford University iOS lecture #5 slides
    Regards,
    Duncan C
    WareTo

widehead.gif
    Animated GIF created with Face Dancer, available for free in the app store.

I'm available for one-on-one help at CodeMentor
  • mandadi.harimandadi.hari Posts: 24Registered Users
    edited December 2012
    Hi Duncan C,

Thank you for your valuable information it saved lot of time for me.

Regards
    Hari.M