Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iPhone App with text field and output of info. Help, it's urgent.

Gipek992Gipek992 Posts: 5New Users
edited February 2013 in iOS SDK Development
Hi,
I am new to the iOS. I need to create an App that entering into two text fields (1 and 2) two different codes (A and AA), give me an output in a label.

in the first text field you must enter a code A, which corresponds to a single code (AA). I want once you click the OK button, the app compares the code in between those in it and in case of mismatch gives an error message in the label or allert (such as a switch in C). In the case A is a code present, pass to compare the code A to AA (such as a IF in C). In the case of non-correspondence gives an error message in label or allert. In case of a match just give a "messageA" assigned to the combination of codes A and AA in label1( such as a PRINT in C).

In my app there are about 1000 codes of type A which correspond to 1000 codes AA. For each combination corresponds to a "messageA".

Example1 (exact match)

text field 1) John
text field 2) 85671

press OK

label1) blah blah blah

Example2 (exact match)

text field 1) Mark
text field 2) 98435

press OK

label1) bujd fuvhdchu udchuhcdjckd

Example3 (not exact match)

text field 1) Mark
text field 2) 15482

press OK

allert) Error text field 2

Example4 (Sean does not exist)

text field 1) Sean
text field 2) 45328

press OK

allert) Error text field 1

P.S. i use xcode 4

and sorry for my english :)
Post edited by Gipek992 on
·

Replies

• BrianSlickBrianSlick Treadmill Desk Ninja Posts: 10,641Tutorial Authors, Registered Users @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @
    "I am new to iOS" and "it's urgent" do not belong together. And "help" does not mean "please write code for me."

So if you have some code that needs to be fixed, then post it. Assuming you don't have any code, then may I suggest you head over to the Jobs forum and pay someone to write it for you. Unless this is a homework for a school project, in which case you should figure it out for yourself.
    Professional iOS App Development. Available for hire.
    BriTer Ideas LLC - WWW | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

BTIKit | BTICoreDataKit | SlickShopper 2 | Leave a PayPal donation
    ·
  • Gipek992Gipek992 Posts: 5New Users
    edited February 2013
    I have an exam on March 7 at the Lyceum of iOS, otherwise I would never have started using xcode. I know it's complicated, but I can not afford to pay, also because then I'd have to explain how I did it. I also bought a book, but does not speak of these things. speaks only of "view" and other simple things like send a text message with a button or create a hello world. Unfortunately I could not find books in Italian of good quality. this is the best on the market.

I know how to use the C, but iOS do not understand it.
    Post edited by Gipek992 on
    ·
  • BrianSlickBrianSlick Treadmill Desk Ninja Posts: 10,641Tutorial Authors, Registered Users @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @
    There are many tutorials and videos on the internet. And it's highly unlikely you will find a tutorial of any kind for the specific task you want to do. You will have to learn concepts, and adapt those concepts to your goal.

If you wish to have guidance as you learn, then by all means post specific questions. But nobody is going to do your schoolwork for you, and it's pretty unlikely that anyone will train you for the next 3 weeks for free.

·
    yes but the problem is that all the videos are in English -. - 'unfortunately
    those in Italian only say things that I studied

I do not expect the code from a person, but at least where to insert it and how to create a switch and an IF with xcode and how to relate the various objects (label, text field, buttom).
    ·
    Well, you seem to grasp English well enough to post here about it, so I'm not quite sure why they have to be Italian resources. And surely you can find something that will answer the questions that you just asked, as they are very basic. But it is going to take a long time for anyone here to explain these basics well enough for you to understand. Besides, it will be in English, so if an English explanation here is acceptable, surely an English tutorial would also be acceptable.

·
    I am using google translate.
    I do not understand much English. I have seen videos on youtube but the subtitles are not correct and the video did not explain well how to get started. if you know any tutorials about it I could translate it and maybe get something good.
    ·
    p.s. i see here, but i don't think is utility

http://www.roseindia.net/tutorial/iphone/examples/index.html
    ·
    You'll have to make some slight adjustments, as it was written for Xcode 3. But the majority of it should be more than acceptable to help you learn what you need.

·