Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to coding UITextField

SomeZerosSomeZeros S.APosts: 6New Users Noob
Hello , every body

when i coding my app i faced a problem , i want some value inside TextField equal to value which i coded before ? How do that ?

Thanks for come to my post ,

Replies

• givensurgivensur On the Information SuperhighwayPosts: 541Registered Users @ @ @
    edited November 2013
    Your question isn't very clear.

If you want to see if the textField's text matches a given string, use isEqualToString:
    BOOL stringMatches = [textField.text isEqualToString:myString];

I make cake apps.
  • SomeZerosSomeZeros S.APosts: 6New Users Noob
    Yes that's what i mean , I apologize for not clear question ..
  • SomeZerosSomeZeros S.APosts: 6New Users Noob
    but i have another question if i want to put it in (if condition) how code will be ?

• givensurgivensur On the Information SuperhighwayPosts: 541Registered Users @ @ @
    Seriously?

Please go learn Objective-C before trying to use it.

Anyways, an if statement looks like this in C (and Objective-C).
    if (thisItemEvaluatesToNonZero) {
        // do something
    }

I make cake apps.
  • Duncan CDuncan C Posts: 9,112Tutorial Authors, Registered Users @ @ @ @ @ @ @
    SomeZeros wrote: »
    but i have another question if i want to put it in (if condition) how code will be ?

Dude, please. Don't ask a forum to teach you how to write an IF statement. You will rapidly wear out your welcome and people will start ignoring your posts if you ask us to teach you the very first concepts of programming. Invest some effort in learning the basics of programming on your own, and then come ask for help when you've invested a real effort and get stuck.
    Regards,
    Duncan C
    WareTo

widehead.gif
    Animated GIF created with Face Dancer, available for free in the app store.

I'm available for one-on-one help at CodeMentor