Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Making a long image scroll vertically when button is pressed

julthebaberjulthebaber CanadaPosts: 37New Users @
Let's say i have an 5000x640 image that i want to scroll from the bottom (start) to the top (finish) automatically at a certain speed when a button is pressed, how could i achieve that effect?
Tagged:

Replies

• BrianSlickBrianSlick Treadmill Desk Ninja Posts: 10,692Tutorial Authors, Registered Users @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @
    Animation block wherein you change the center point.
    Place image view into a scroll view and change the content offset.
    Several other ways that I'm sure a Google search would turn up.
    Professional iOS App Development. Available for hire.
    BriTer Ideas LLC - WWW | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

BTIKit | SlickShopper 2 | Leave a PayPal donation
  • julthebaberjulthebaber CanadaPosts: 37New Users @
    BrianSlick wrote: »
    Animation block wherein you change the center point.
    Place image view into a scroll view and change the content offset.
    Several other ways that I'm sure a Google search would turn up.
    Could you tell what to search on google ? I've been searching for days and haven't found anything that could do what i'm trying to achieve.

• BrianSlickBrianSlick Treadmill Desk Ninja Posts: 10,692Tutorial Authors, Registered Users @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @
    You've been searching for days and can't find out how to make something move? Really? Surely there are enough key words in my previous post to find something.

@BrianSlick‌ Yep. Can't seem to find how to move a 10,000px tall image from bottom to top.
    Give an example of what you are searching for.

@BrianSlick‌ First i searched for "Xcode UIScrollView with images". I tried doing that and it kinda worked but the image was too big on the screen and tried many suggestions but nothing worked. (I imagine that working with a 10,000px tall image is different than using small images). I then searching for "Xcode Animated UIImageView" and i followed the whole tutorial and it didn't worked.

Maybe i'm just too much of a beginner to try creating a game.
    The dimensions don't really matter. Well, there might be some additional considerations with an image that large, but if you can make a small image, say 100x100 move even 5 pixels, then there is no reason you can't make a larger image move.

Shoot, you could slice the image into a bunch of pieces and do the whole thing with a table view. There are a lot of ways to crack this nut. You'll probably need to slice the image anyway just to keep memory usage down. That's a lot of pixels.

At any rate, your descriptions of the problems you had don't really make sense. So I'd suggest that you pick one that seems promising, carefully describe the problems you are having, and ask specific questions.

But in general, games are not good for beginners. I have lots of experience and am still intimidated by game development. You're stuck at simply making an image move; you have a long ways to go before you get to your game logic.

Yeah you're right. The thing is, i always thought about that very simple which could be very popular. I've thought about it months ago. Couple weeks ago, a game called Stay In The Line was in the top 10 overall apps, paid and free. For 1 week. That game is EXACTLY what i had in mind. Same color theme, same goal, same design. That's why i'm dedicated to make that app, even if it's not as successful, i have over 1 millions followers on social medias, i could make it popular. I once heard Allen Wong (The guy behind the app 5-0 radio) say: "If you have an idea, do it right away. Don't wait because maybe one day will make millions off the same idea as yours". And that's exactly what happened to me. And even though i'm a beginner, i will ask for help and make it. Even better than the one currently on the app store. Anyway, thanks for your help as always Brian.
    @BrianSlick‌