Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storyboard changes not updating in simulator

JeramyJeramy United StatesPosts: 1 Noob
I am very new at Xcode programming and have been working through a tutorial provided by apple. I has a classic hello world program and it switches to an to do list program. I will provide the address for the tutorial at the end.

The tutorial instructed for me to remove the "Hello world" label and enter in a text field box. Everything looked great, but when I clicked on simulator it still only contained the label "Hello World" instead of the changes I had made.

I did some research on the internet and found some information about resolving layout issues. I removed all constraints and used the command for new constraints to be auto built. Unfortunately, this approach did not work ether.

I also tried deleting the app from the simulator and re-ran the app and this also did not show the new display.

Does anyone else have any advice on what I am missing.

Xcode Version: 5.1.1
IOS Simulator Version: 7.1

Link to Tutorial: https://developer.apple.com/library/iOS/referencelibrary/GettingStarted/RoadMapiOS/FirstTutorial.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40011343-CH3-SW1

Thank you for your time,

Replies

• C6Silver05C6Silver05 SeattlePosts: 632 @ @ @
    It's very hard to say without seeing it. What you are describing is very easy to do in Xcode and it does not sound like a layout issue. Do you have a screenshot of the SB?