Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iPhone Developer Certificate

WayneDavidDaleyWayneDavidDaley Posts: 90Registered Users
edited November 2011 in iOS SDK Development
I finally received the email from Apple this morning to pay my $99.00 for the iPhone Developer Certificate, which I promptly did.

However, after logging into the iPhone development center, I don't see anything different that would allow me to download the certificate so that I may now build and test apps on my devices?

If someone that has been thru this process could shed some light on the missing steps it would be greatly apprecaiated.

Thank you,
Wayne
Post edited by WayneDavidDaley on

Replies

• scottiphonescottiphone Posts: 802Registered Users
    edited May 2008
    Apple should be sending you a link. It may be in a follow up letter.
    If you're registered and logged into the developer iphone page then on the upper right should be a portal link. Click that. Information is by tabs on top. suggest printing them out. On left is tabs to your information to be filled in
  • DeliriumDelirium Posts: 339Registered Users
    edited May 2008
    Congrats, Wayne! Wish I could get that email.

On a side note, does anyone else find it odd that they're still sending out invites for the beta this close to WWDC? I was thinking they'd have the final version ready by then, so they could make the late June launch date with apps that aren't going to break.
  • MDMstudiosMDMstudios Posts: 128Registered Users
    edited May 2008
    I finally received the email from Apple this morning to pay my $99.00 for the iPhone Developer Certificate, which I promptly did.

However, after logging into the iPhone development center, I don't see anything different that would allow me to download the certificate so that I may now build and test apps on my devices?

If someone that has been thru this process could shed some light on the missing steps it would be greatly apprecaiated.

Thank you,
    Wayne
    How long did you have to wait for the e-mail telling you you had been excepted?
    <div align="center">iphone.MDMstudios@gmail.com</div><br />
    <div align="center"><a href="http://twitter.com/MDMstudios"; target="_blank">twitter.com/MDMstudios</a></div><br />
    <div align="center"><a href="http://web.me.com/lab013"; target="_blank">web.me.
  • myersn024myersn024 Posts: 315Tutorial Authors
    edited May 2008
    It took a couple of hours for the email and links to show up on my home page in the iphone developer portal after paying for the license.
  • WayneDavidDaleyWayneDavidDaley Posts: 90Registered Users
    edited June 2008
    It took about 30 mins. to get the email with the link to the activation code, after paying for the developer certificate.

Regards,
    Wayne
    edited June 2008
    The timeframe between applying to the iPhone Developer Program and being accepted was about 2 weeks.
  • GrouchoGroucho Posts: 161Registered Users
    edited June 2008
    For your 2 week turnaround, did you register as an individual or as a company? I'm just now getting the company going, so I registered as an individual. It was over a month ago & haven't heard anything back yet.

Thanks!
    <font size="1">Bryan Duke<br />
    <a href="http://www.acceleroto.com"; target="_blank">acceleroto.com</a></font><font size="2"><b><a href="http://bit.ly/occurrotrailer"; target="_blank"><br />
    </a></b></font>
  • jeff_lamarchejeff_lamarche Posts: 420Registered Users
    edited June 2008
    For your 2 week turnaround, did you register as an individual or as a company? I'm just now getting the company going, so I registered as an individual. It was over a month ago & haven't heard anything back yet.

Two week turnaround was not typical - many of us who signed up on the day the SDK was released back in, what, February, just got our developer certificates lately. I think they've ramped up and worked through some of the backlog, but I wouldn't expect two week turnaround. You might get it, but I definitely wouldn't make any plans based on it.
    <a href="http://iphonedevelopment.blogspot.com/"; target="_blank"><font color="red">Check out my iPhone Dev Blog</font></a><br />
    You can send me e-mail at my forum username at mac dot com.
  • GrouchoGroucho Posts: 161Registered Users
    edited June 2008
    You might get it, but I definitely wouldn't make any plans based on it.
    Cool, thanks. I fired off an email to Apple too, but I'm not holding my breath. I won't have anything ready on day 1 anyway (guessing it's very soon). I should have a couple apps ready to go within a month or so though.

Back to coding...
    <font size="1">Bryan Duke<br />
    <a href="http://www.acceleroto.com"; target="_blank">acceleroto.com</a></font><font size="2"><b><a href="http://bit.ly/occurrotrailer"; target="_blank"><br />
    </a></b></font>
    edited June 2008
    I have no idea why the timeframe was so short, perhaps with WWDC approaching shortly Apple, ramped up approvals prior to the conference. To double check I went back and checked the emails for dates.

I did the reigistration on May 12th and received the Acceptance on May 29th and Activation Code emails on May 30th, which was the same day I donatated my $99.00 fee.

During that time frame I did send an email to ADC at Apple to confirm my registration, as I had heard that some developers had thought they registered, but Apple did have a record of it. So other than downloading the SDK nothing was in the works.

If your registration was successful you should receive an Enrollment Reference Number, also referred to as an Enrollment ID, this is used by Apple to track your enrollment status.

I have yet to receive a reply on the duration that the Developers Certificate is valid for, perhaps someone attending WWDC next week could ask. At this point it appears to be a six month certificate.

Regards,
    Wayne
  • jeff_lamarchejeff_lamarche Posts: 420Registered Users
    edited June 2008
    Wayne:

That's on my list of things to ask at WWDC, I'l post the response here if I get one.

Jeff
    <a href="http://iphonedevelopment.blogspot.com/"; target="_blank"><font color="red">Check out my iPhone Dev Blog</font></a><br />
    You can send me e-mail at my forum username at mac dot com.
  • velkropievelkropie Posts: 39Registered Users
    edited May 2009

Thank you,
    Wayne

go to the bottom

iPhone Development Guide: Managing Devices
  • shondayshonday Posts: 77Registered Users
    edited May 2009
    velkropie wrote: »

...You realize this post was from June of last year?
  • velkropievelkropie Posts: 39Registered Users
    edited May 2009
    shonday wrote: »
    ...You realize this post was from June of last year?

WOW!! no sorry!!!
  • fishfish Posts: 183Registered Users
    edited June 2009
    I'm happy to report that the process to 4 days for me, from payment to the contracts being in effect. Pity I haven't finish yet.
  • dha_mistrydha_mistry Posts: 1New Users
    edited July 2011
    Hi,

friends what is the procedure to get developer certificate ...??
  • baja_yubaja_yu San FranciscoPosts: 6,215Moderators, Registered Users Admin
    edited July 2011
    dha_mistry wrote: »
    Hi,

friends what is the procedure to get developer certificate ...??

Apple Developer Program Enrollment
  • AndreMAndreM Posts: 1New Users
    edited November 2011
    baja_yu wrote: »

I must say it is such a clumsy process, especially seeing if your country doest have an online apple developer program registration, then you got to send them a fax...

Hopefully i'll get a response fairly quickly.