Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disable Video Player controls when an area of the screen is touched

schwany23schwany23 United StatesPosts: 2New Users Noob
Hey guys, I'm very new to ios development and I wanted to know if there was a way to disable video player buttons when an area of the screen is being touched (for example the upper right corner of the screen). The video player controls would work again when that same area of the screen is not touched anymore.

Replies

• dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,620New Users @ @ @ @ @
    Yes, it can be done, but you need to be more clear/give a better description of what you're trying to accomplish.

• schwany23schwany23 United StatesPosts: 2New Users Noob
    What I'm trying to do is to play video full screen in iPad using video play, pause and timeline buttons. However, I wanted the video contols buttons to not function during video playback "IF" you touch the upper right or left corner of the screen (an invisible area of about 1" X 1" in size). The video control buttons would still be visible, but just not work while the upper right corner is being touched. If the upper right and left corners no longer touched, I want the video controls to function once more.

I'm ultimately trying to prevent little kids from messing with the video controls while video is playing.
  • BjornEBjornE StockholmPosts: 3New Users Noob
    The you should use the built-in Guided Access feature of iOS instead. http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202612