Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apple LLVM 6.1 Error Unable to execute command: Segmentation fault:11

I just updated Xcode to 6.3.1 and although I haven't changed anything in my app I am now getting these errors.

Stack dump:
0. <eof> parser at end of file
clang: error: unable to execute command: Segmentation fault: 11
clang: error: clang frontend command failed due to signal (use -v to see invocation)
Apple LLVM version 6.1.0 (clang-602.0.49) (based on LLVM 3.6.0svn)
Target: aarch64-apple-darwin14.1.0
Thread model: posix
clang: note: diagnostic msg: PLEASE submit a bug report to http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter/ and include the crash backtrace, preprocessed source, and associated run script.
clang: error: unable to execute command: Segmentation fault: 11
clang: note: diagnostic msg: Error generating preprocessed source(s).

can anyone give me a clue as to what would have changed to make this happen to a fully functioning app before the update.

Also I don't know where to fine crash backtrace, preprocessed source and associated run scripts.

Replies

• gbennagbenna Posts: 141 @ @
    So I found out something
    I have an error on
    #import <AVFoundation/AVFoundation.h> Cound not build Module 'AVFoundation'
    and everywhere in my code whenever I use AVAudioPlayer I get an error.

In another app I was getting the same error messages as above and had imported AVFoundations with an error. When I deleted the import because I wasn't really using it The three above errors disappeared and the app ran fine. Are we supposed to be using something besides AVFoundations now?
    That is the problem, Must be a bug or something Has AVFoundations been deprecated?
    When I removed all reference to AVFoundations and AVAudioPlayer it compiled fine.
    Found out all I had to do was change <AVFoundation/AVFoundation.h> to <aVFoundation/AVFoundation.h> anyone know why I have to change the A
  • daniapopovdaniapopov New YorkPosts: 1 Noob
    If this helps anyone I just ran into this. I am using cocoapods, and the for some reason all of the libraries that each pod depended on were disassociated. I went to each sub project (as shown in the image) and relinked each library they were in red when I opened it. Then did a clean and it finally built.