Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Creating .xlsx files with obj-c

erikdudeerikdude NorwayPosts: 41New Users @
Hi!

I'm trying to create a function in my app for exporting the data to a .xlsx file, but I can't find out how to do it. I managed to pull off a .csv file pretty fast, but I can't figure out anything regarding .xlsx files and was wondering if anyone knows how one can do that?

Anything will help; a link to a library, framework, documentation, tutorial, etc

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Erik

Replies

• RickSDKRickSDK Posts: 1,237Registered Users @ @ @ @
    if you simply want a file that will be opened by excel, then just save a tab-deliminated text file and save it with a ".xls" extension. done.
  • erikdudeerikdude NorwayPosts: 41New Users @
    edited August 2015
    RickSDK wrote: »
    if you simply want a file that will be opened by excel, then just save a tab-deliminated text file and save it with a ".xls" extension. done.

I tried this approach but faced a few problems. First off, sometimes a warning message was displayed that such files should only be opened by trustful sources - which might scare users. I also had the impression that location could affect delimiters and therefore shouldn't rely on them