Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apple Push Notification Service warning??

erikdudeerikdude NorwayPosts: 41New Users @
edited August 2015 in iOS SDK Development
Hello!

I just uploaded an update to my existing iOS 8 app whereas I got a warning mail from Apple shortly after, regarding Apple's push notification service? I'm not using push notifications, only location notifications and I haven't made any entitlement changes since my last update. Here's the message in the mail:

"Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to include API used to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature's entitlements do not include the "aps-environment" entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the "aps-environment" entitlement. See "Provisioning and Development" in the Local and Push Notification Programming Guide for more information. If your app does not use the Apple Push Notification service, no action is required. You may remove the API from future submissions to stop this warning. If you use a third-party framework, you may need to contact the developer for information on removing the API."

Do I need to take any further action here?

Thank you!

Replies

• C6Silver05C6Silver05 SeattlePosts: 632New Users @ @ @
    Very strange. However, it tells you that this is just a warning so it won't prevent you from getting it reviewed. I'd say either wait and see if you get it again upon next submission (just to see if this is just a one-time glitch) or contact Apple Support and let them know what you are experiencing. Fortunately, as noted, this won't prevent you from getting the app reviewed and out there.
  • erikdudeerikdude NorwayPosts: 41New Users @
    edited August 2015
    C6Silver05 wrote: »
    Very strange. However, it tells you that this is just a warning so it won't prevent you from getting it reviewed. I'd say either wait and see if you get it again upon next submission (just to see if this is just a one-time glitch) or contact Apple Support and let them know what you are experiencing. Fortunately, as noted, this won't prevent you from getting the app reviewed and out there.

Yeah, I'll go with that. Submitting the app for approval now and we'll see if that goes well, and I'll contact Apple if I see the same warning on my next update.