Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UIScrollView: View inside don't fit properly, weird behaviour, view snaps back on touch

clickbeastclickbeast BelgiumPosts: 7New Users Noob
I am having trouble with a UIScrollView... I have researched a lot and found cases that were similar yet the solutions never seemed to work so here's a little explanation (it's quite hard to explain)

I have a viewcontroller that contains a UIScrollView and I load a couple of view controllers inside that uiscrollview... I instatnite them and then I add them to the scrollView like this...

viewController1.view.frame = scrollView1.bounds
var frame0 = viewController1.view.frame
frame0.origin.x = 0
viewController1.view.frame = frame0

self.addChildViewController(viewController1)
self.scrollView1.addSubview(viewController1.view)
viewController1.didMoveToParentViewController(self)

viewController2.view.frame = scrollView1.bounds
var frame01 = viewController2.view.frame
frame01.origin.x = self.view.frame.size.width
viewController2.view.frame = frame01

self.addChildViewController(viewController2)
self.scrollView1.addSubview(viewController2.view)
viewController2.didMoveToParentViewController(self)

after that I configure the scroll view as follows

self.scrollView1.contentSize = CGSizeMake(self.view.frame.width * 5, self.view.frame.height)
scrollView1.delaysContentTouches = false
Times 5 because there are 5 ViewControllers

(The scroll view has paging enabled)

Now this method works quite well and all views are loaded inside the scroll view and I can swipe trough my views however here's the problem. My first view is loaded fine, then when I swipe to the right I see that the second view is offset to the top and a part of it is hidden, then when I touch a button inside the view it suddenly snaps to the bottom in it's place... This is really annoying because it makes the user interface really irritating since a part of it is hidden...

I have made an illustration of it: http://imgur.com/xHRwXt4

I have tried a bunch of things like setting

self.automaticallyAdjustsScrollViewInsets = false
or

self.scrollView1.clipsToBounds = true
but still the same problem occurs. I also thaught it was my navigation bar since the view containing the scrollview is located inside a ViewController that has a navigation bar (from uinavigationcontroller)

So for testing purposes I tried it without a navigation controller and bar but still the same kind of problem occurred. It's really frustrating and I can't seem to find a solution.

However I do have to say when the scrollview was located inside the ViewController with navigationBar and I set

self.scrollView1.contentSize = CGSizeMake(self.view.frame.width * 5, self.view.frame.height - 66)
(Notice the -66) Then the snapping problem didn't occur, however this wasn't the effect I was looking for since the scrollview needed to fill up the whole view, also the view inside the UIScrollView wasn't completely visible then so that wasn't a solution either.

I also taught it was maybe because my constraints were differently set up on one of the view controllers I loaded so I tried it with initiating the same type of view controller a few times still the same problem occurred...

(So I have tried a lot but no matter what I try to do it gets worse or another problem occurs for each view moves in either direction then I add self.automaticallyAdjustsScrollViewInsets = false but then the snapping returns etc. etc.)

Hopefully somebody has some suggestions to solve this (If I you need some more illustrations etc. then I will provide these too.)

Thank You