Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can I connect multiple iPhone screens to make a larger display?

rak2211rak2211 AhmedabadPosts: 4New Users Noob
I want to connect multiple iPhone/iPad display to have a larger display. This large display will be able to display a single photo or video in that screen. Mosaic app is doing so and is on the app store. They also provide SDK for the same. Here is the link for that SDK - http://www.mosaic.io/sdk. Can anyone help me out with this? Is there any SDK available which can fulfill my requirements.
Tagged:

Replies

• RickSDKRickSDK Posts: 1,240Registered Users @ @ @ @
    if you are going to show an image over 4 phones, isn't it just a matter of having each phone display 1/4th of the image?
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,605New Users @ @ @ @ @
    RickSDK wrote: »
    if you are going to show an image over 4 phones, isn't it just a matter of having each phone display 1/4th of the image?

Geez, yeah... that's the easy part. But how do you get 4 iPhones to connect to each other so that they each show 1/4 of the image simultaneously at will.
  • rak2211rak2211 AhmedabadPosts: 4New Users Noob

Also, how you will sync each iPhone? If I zoom in an image in one IPhone it should have the effect in another three.
    rak2211 wrote: »

Also, how you will sync each iPhone? If I zoom in an image in one IPhone it should have the effect in another three.

I think we have an echo.

All of this stuff is technically possible, and not even that hard to do as long as all 4 are constantly communicating with a server that is keep the views in sync.

I'm just not sure why a user would want to do it, other than to say, "look at this cool trick". Although there may be some cool game ideas out of this...
    edited December 2015
    I want to connect multiple iPhone/iPad display to have a larger display. This large display will be able to display a single photo or video in that screen. Mosaic app is doing so and is on the app store. They also provide SDK for the same. Here is the link for that SDK - http://www.mosaic.io/sdk. Can anyone help me out with this? Is there any SDK available which can fulfill my requirements.

The Mosaic SDK does all that. You have all the code there to use it. And offer an SDK so that any developer can use it. You actually want to create your own? They use servers to implement this activity. The downside if you have too many users, there may be fees involved. I guess this is why you wish to create it yourself?

http://techcrunch.com/2013/04/02/mosaic-lets-you-weave-a-single-display-from-multiple-iphones-and-ipads-offers-sdk-for-developers/
    dev666999 wrote: »

The Mosaic SDK does all that. You have all the code there to use it. And offer an SDK so that any developer can use it. You actually want to create your own? They use servers to implement this activity. The downside if you have too many users, there may be fees involved. I guess this is why you wish to create it yourself?

http://techcrunch.com/2013/04/02/mosaic-lets-you-weave-a-single-display-from-multiple-iphones-and-ipads-offers-sdk-for-developers/

Thasnk for the info dev666999.

Yes, I want to create this by my own. I integrated the SDK and getting the swipes successfully.Now, the problem is that how can I broadcast the image to the second device(iPhone)? There is no code or demo for that. Have you ever integrated this SDK? If yes, kindly help me through this. Thanks.

Thasnk for the info dev666999.

Yes, I want to create this by my own. I integrated the SDK and getting the swipes successfully.Now, the problem is that how can I broadcast the image to the second device(iPhone)? There is no code or demo for that. Have you ever integrated this SDK? If yes, kindly help me through this. Thanks.

Wish I could help. I have never integrated this SDK.
    it sounds to me like you are just not thinking about it correctly. Its not that one phone is "broadcasting" it's image onto the other devices. All the devices will already have the same image (or video) on them. The app just keeps them in sync by telling which part of the image to frame. or when to start playing the video.
  • TrevorSonnyTrevorSonny San Jose, CAPosts: 5New Users Noob
    Hi rak2211.
    Your Idea is looking a little bit absurd. Even if you get different iphones , so it will be quite difficult for you to synchronize all the stuff(images and videos).
    Hi rak2211.
    Your Idea is looking a little bit absurd. Even if you get different iphones , so it will be quite difficult for you to synchronize all the stuff(images and videos).

I don't think his idea is absurd at all. Mosaic and the SDK was created by MIT researchers.
    edited December 2015
    Hi rak2211.

I don't think his idea is absurd at all. Mosaic and the SDK was created by MIT researchers.

Hi dev666999

You are right, this is very possible and many research institutes are working on it.