Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Parallax and Color Transition Animations

iOSAnimationNoobiOSAnimationNoob Posts: 3New Users Noob
edited January 2016 in iOS SDK Development
Hey all,

I've been struggling for a while on how to get started in doing certain types of animations for iOS devices through Xcode. I was hoping to try and get an idea of where to start here, so I apologize if my question is too vague!

I've been trying to figure out how to program animations like in the image shown below, but I am lost as to how to even start. The two main types of animations that I'm most interested in learning about implementing are:
  1. The "parallax" animation (e.g. how certain elements move at different speeds when you swipe)
  2. The "color-changing" animation (e.g. how the background color changes with each new page)

If anybody has any ideas of where to start, or has any information at all in where I can learn how to implement this, I would love to hear it!

Thanks again,
iOSAnimatorNoob

t4djxcnxcugy.gif

Replies

• iOSAnimationNoobiOSAnimationNoob Posts: 3New Users Noob
    As the image in the original post is from a design mockup, I have also attached another image from a "real-world" example, in this case, Twitter's Tutorial Page in their "Moments" portion of the app.

Hopefully this helps in getting a better idea of where to start!

3bcyvbjgluta.gif
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,558New Users @ @ @ @ @
    edited January 2016
    None of this is hard if you are familiar with UIView Animation, Coordinate Math, and UIColor using RGB Colors.

Google each topic, and you'll see what I mean.
  • iOSAnimationNoobiOSAnimationNoob Posts: 3New Users Noob
    Awesome, thanks @dev666999!

It didn't seem like the solution would be too hard, but I just wasn't sure where to start. I'll definitely take a look right now!