Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When enrolling a new iOS Dev account for a new company, is it better to create a new user account?

simpledevsimpledev U.K. Posts: 6New Users Noob
As the title, I want to keep my personal Apple ID account separate. When enrolling a new iOS Dev account for a new company, is it better to create a new Apple ID account? Rather than use your current personal Apple ID account?

Could I then add my personal Apple ID as a admin/Dev to the company at no cost?

Or is it easy to make another account later and transfer team agent to that account?

Replies

• Crichton333Crichton333 Posts: 262Registered Users @ @
    If your doing this for a project for some other company just make a new id.
    "Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Nebula Virtual Reality
  • simpledevsimpledev U.K. Posts: 6New Users Noob
    If your doing this for a project for some other company just make a new id.

Thanks for your response. It's for my own company, I suppose there's no real advantage apart from being able to share the Apple ID with others in your team so they could upload.

• angelappsangelapps usaPosts: 257New Users @ @
    Go with everything new.
  • RickSDKRickSDK Posts: 1,237Registered Users @ @ @ @
    as long as you are sure you will be making money. your yearly fees from apple will now be $200.
  • simpledevsimpledev U.K. Posts: 6New Users Noob
    RickSDK wrote: »
    as long as you are sure you will be making money. your yearly fees from apple will now be $200.

That's what I needed to know and was concerned about. But now I'm thinking, do I even need to set my personal id up as a developer at all? (Ie pay the 2nd $99). I'm happy just to do everything through the new Apple ID but be able to test on my personal devices logged in with personal ID which I think I can still do?? as one of the 100 test installations when you install a provisioning profile on your device?
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,547New Users @ @ @ @ @
    simpledev wrote: »
    RickSDK wrote: »

That's what I needed to know and was concerned about. But now I'm thinking, do I even need to set my personal id up as a developer at all? (Ie pay the 2nd $99). I'm happy just to do everything through the new Apple ID but be able to test on my personal devices logged in with personal ID which I think I can still do?? as one of the 100 test installations when you install a provisioning profile on your device?

You can have more than one provisioning profile on your phone. Developers with multiple accounts do not use a separate device for each account.
  • RickSDKRickSDK Posts: 1,237Registered Users @ @ @ @
    you really only need one dev account. itunes is already set up to where you can silo different apps so that other developers and testers on your team only have access to the ones you want. plus you can sell or transfer any individual app to another company without affecting your other apps.
  • MailFlys92MailFlys92 AmericaPosts: 1New Users Noob
    Make a new ID is better