Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Is This App Doing This?

AceMobAceMob Posts: 339New Users @ @
I just tried out the app "Alarmy" and it is somehow able to maximize device volume, play background sounds, display notifications and force user to dismiss their alarm by opening the app and completing an action, whether or not the app is in silent mode and even if all notifications in device settings are set to off, as well as if there is no internet connection.

How are they doing this? iOS guidelines basically suggest this shouldn't be possible, anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,557New Users @ @ @ @ @
    AceMob wrote: »
    I just tried out the app "Alarmy" and it is somehow able to maximize device volume, play background sounds, display notifications and force user to dismiss their alarm by opening the app and completing an action, whether or not the app is in silent mode and even if all notifications in device settings are set to off, as well as if there is no internet connection.

How are they doing this? iOS guidelines basically suggest this shouldn't be possible, anyone have any ideas?

Not possible because of the iOS rules?

or not possible because of the Sandbox rules?

If the former, very easy to do illegally using a server to activate features after it passes review.

As for the latter, I have no idea.