Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Autoresize text in UILabel (multi line)?

charliecharlie Posts: 48Registered Users
edited August 2010 in iOS SDK Development
I am making a bingo type game (my first app) and I am randomly pulling phrases from a mutable array to populate my labels. For some reason the text within the labels will not resize if the label is set to have more than 1 line. I have tried setting it to 0 with no luck.

Is there a work around for this problem?

Thanks
Charlie
Post edited by charlie on
Fart Count<br />
<a href="itms://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=334643772&mt=8&s=143441" target="_blank">direct link</a> :: <a href="http://www.fartcount.com" target="_blank">website</a><br />
<br />
Mart Bingo<br />
·

Replies

• actin4lifeactin4life Posts: 3New Users
    edited August 2009
    charlie wrote: »
    I am making a bingo type game (my first app) and I am randomly pulling phrases from a mutable array to populate my labels. For some reason the text within the labels will not resize if the label is set to have more than 1 line. I have tried setting it to 0 with no luck.

Is there a work around for this problem?

Thanks
    Charlie
    I know this post is old, but I stumbled across it on Google while searching for an example solution to this very same problem. A good example fix is posted on here: Resize Multi-line Text to Fit UILabel on iPhone

Just incase anyone else encounters this strange flaw in the UILabel. Hope it helps.
    ·
  • SteveCaineSteveCaine Posts: 3New Users
    edited August 2010
    actin4life wrote: »
    I know this post is old, but I stumbled across it on Google while searching for an example solution to this very same problem. A good example fix is posted on here: Resize Multi-line Text to Fit UILabel on iPhone

Just incase anyone else encounters this strange flaw in the UILabel. Hope it helps.

It would, except the link is dead. Any idea where that post might be living now?
    ·
    edited August 2010
    SteveCaine wrote: »
    It would, except the link is dead. Any idea where that post might be living now?

Still works for me.
    ·
  • SteveCaineSteveCaine Posts: 3New Users
    edited August 2010
    actin4life wrote: »
    Still works for me.

And now it works for me too, but I swear the first time it gave back a "could not find X on this server", X being the URL from the link. The heat must be cooking my brain.

Thanks for setting me straight.
    ·
    edited August 2010
    SteveCaine wrote: »
    And now it works for me too, but I swear the first time it gave back a "could not find X on this server", X being the URL from the link. The heat must be cooking my brain.

Thanks for setting me straight.

You're probably right - all servers are prone to periods of downtime or weird behavior. :D
    ·