Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Replace Quicktime logo with PNG during audio playback using movieplayer

medonald1medonald1 Posts: 2New Users
edited May 2009 in iOS SDK Development
Hello All,

I am very new to the iPhone SDK. I am using the sample code from Apple to learn how to use the MoviePlayer. I replaced the sample movie with my own audio file and when the button is pushed to play the movie/audio file I see a gray screen with the Quicktime logo on it. Is there a way to replace the gray screen with the Quicktime logo on it to my own .png? Sample code please.

qt_want_my_own_png.png

Thank you all very much.
Post edited by medonald1 on

Replies

• medonald1medonald1 Posts: 2New Users
    edited May 2009
    Anyone? :eek:
  • dagamer34dagamer34 Posts: 236Registered Users
    edited May 2009
    Honestly there are some things that can't be done. Unless you've seen another app implement a particular feature you'd like, it probably isn't possible (or Apple won't approve it if it deviates too far from the norm).
    My apps: <br />
    <a href="http://bit.ly/tVzguJ"; target="_blank">Interviews</a><br />
    <a href="http://bit.ly/uzBD1T"; target="_blank">Pocket Lab Values</a>
  • BuckyBucky Posts: 356Registered Users
    edited May 2009
    Sorry, it can't be done. The Youtube app does it, but that's because Apple make the Youtube app.
  • mosttornbrainmosttornbrain Posts: 42Registered Users
    edited May 2009
    Bucky wrote: »
    Sorry, it can't be done. The Youtube app does it, but that's because Apple make the Youtube app.

Actually, I've done it - I have an app in the store that demonstrates it. Look at the free "Hi Tony" app. If you play one of the audio podcasts (not one of the video ones), you'll see it in action. I post a picture of Tony Kahn over the QT logo.

The technique is pretty simple. You need to find the proper subview in the movie player hierarchy and insert an imageview on top of it.

This technique is definitely not something this is guaranteed to work forever as Apple could change the order of the layers in the movie player, but so far it's remained unchanged. And it's not using any hidden APIs so shouldn't be rejected by Apple as part of the review process.

If there's interest, I can post a more detailed explanation on my company blog. I'm just short on time today due to some visitors from Japan - otherwise I'd work on the post right now.
  • mosttornbrainmosttornbrain Posts: 42Registered Users
    edited May 2009
    If there's interest, I can post a more detailed explanation on my company blog. I'm just short on time today due to some visitors from Japan - otherwise I'd work on the post right now.

Ok, I had a spare moment while one of my guests is napping. Here's a link to my blog post with sample code:

Stormy Productions Blog: Replacing the QuickTime logo with a custom image

Cheers,
    Brian