Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XCode Issue: 'A Signed resource has been added, modified or deleted.'

sle39lvrsle39lvr Posts: 220Registered Users
edited March 2011 in iOS SDK Development
Current project I was workin on, ran on the device fine until I had to change my hard drive on my MBP. After freshly installing XCode, I get this following error:

picture1ehp.png

I tried the usual trouble shooting, such as cleaning all the certificates and re installing all the provisions and such, no luck.

Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by sle39lvr on

Replies

• falcon5280falcon5280 Posts: 361Registered Users
    edited June 2009
    I misunderstood what you did - ignore my former post if you got that one. I thought you created new profiles.

Sounds like your profiles got deleted with the hard drive change.

As far as I understand once provisioning profiles are deleted they cannot be reused. You need to create a new provisioning profile and add it through the organizer and also highlight the new profile in the root and target. Reinstalling the old ones will not work.

Hope this helps.
  • sle39lvrsle39lvr Posts: 220Registered Users
    edited June 2009
    falcon5280 wrote: »
    I misunderstood what you did - ignore my former post if you got that one. I thought you created new profiles.

Sounds like your profiles got deleted with the hard drive change.

As far as I understand once provisioning profiles are deleted they cannot be reused. You need to create a new provisioning profile and add it through the organizer and also highlight the new profile in the root and target. Reinstalling the old ones will not work.

Hope this helps.

Oh I see. I will mess with it more and see how it goes.
  • sle39lvrsle39lvr Posts: 220Registered Users
    edited July 2009
    sle39lvr wrote: »
    Oh I see. I will mess with it more and see how it goes.

I changed Active Configuration to 'Release' from 'Debug'. Deleted 'Debug' and duplicated 'Release' and renamed it 'Debug', it's fixed now.
  • tgmtgm Posts: 1New Users
    edited July 2009
    sle39lvr wrote: »
    Current project I was workin on, ran on the device fine until I had to change my hard drive on my MBP. After freshly installing XCode, I get this following error:

picture1ehp.png

I tried the usual trouble shooting, such as cleaning all the certificates and re installing all the provisions and such, no luck.

Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

This error message also appears when you have a '?' in your project/app name.
  • MentaldemiseMentaldemise Posts: 1New Users
    edited August 2009
    I got this error after bringing a project I started here to work, working on it, and then bringing it back. When I went to build for my device with my provisioning license from home it didn't match some of the already built parts. Build -> Clean All Targets works for me.
  • kryekrye Posts: 362Registered Users
    edited October 2009
    My app's name with "Plus" on the end of it is too long to fit in the icon space. So I changed it to "MyAppName+".

Xcode barfed and I got the same "A signed resource has been added, modified, or deleted." error message.

I spent the past hour screwing around with provisioning profiles, etc and finally figured out that it was the "+" that I put in the name.

Apparently you can't have wacky symbols like "+" and "?" in your app name.

The dumb thing is, it works in the simulator.
    <a href="http://ineedcoffeetocode.com"; target="_blank">iNeedCoffeeToCode.com</a> <a href="http://rescuemyclassicmac.com"; target="_blank">RescueMyClassicMac.com</a> <a href="http://ryemac3.net"; target="_blank">RyeMAC3.net</a>
  • alextrobalextrob Posts: 16Registered Users
    edited November 2009
    I got this error after bringing a project I started here to work, working on it, and then bringing it back. When I went to build for my device with my provisioning license from home it didn't match some of the already built parts. Build -> Clean All Targets works for me.

Thanks for that solution, it worked for me as well.

For me it was because I'm using Dropbox to keep my projects in sync on a couple of computers and I think it got a bit confused about the certificates.
  • hzchzc Posts: 9New Users
    edited January 2010
    krye wrote: »
    Apparently you can't have wacky symbols like "+" and "?" in your app name.

Thanks kyre, I just had the same issue. You can have a minus but not a plus, it seems.

Filenames! :confused:
  • _MAK__MAK_ Posts: 10Registered Users
    edited March 2010

I had the same Problem after some trouble with subversion but with 'Clean all Targets' it worked fine.
  • umbra989umbra989 Posts: 8New Users
    edited March 2011
    I have the exact same problem with XCode4. I recently installed XCode4 with the release of iOS4.3 and started working on my existing projects. Before I installed I deleted my XCode3.2 installation.

I have been trying all solutions like cleaning but it has no effect. There is no invalid character in my project name (KvK).

Anyone?