Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bluetooth Error in SImulator

smithdale87smithdale87 Posts: 4,447iPhone Dev SDK Supporter @ @ @ @ @
edited April 2009 in iPhone SDK Development
For some reason all of a sudden I'm getting a bluetooth error in the simulator after I paired my mac mini with my Dell XPS laptop. Although the two are not connected at the moment, I get the following error when trying to debug my app:

"Error loading /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOBluetoothSCOAudioDriver.kext/Contents/Resources/IOBluetoothSCOAudioDriverPlugIn.bundle/Contents/MacOS/IOBluetoothSCOAudioDriverPlugin: dlopen(/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOBluetoothSCOAudioDriver.kext/Contents/Resources/IOBluetoothSCOAudioDriverPlugIn.bundle/Contents/MacOS/IOBluetoothSCOAudioDriverPlugin, 262): Symbol not found

Any ideas?

Note: I can't turn off my bluetooth because I'm using a bluetooth mouse/keyboard to control my Mac Mini.
Post edited by smithdale87 on

Replies

• smithdale87smithdale87 Posts: 4,447iPhone Dev SDK Supporter @ @ @ @ @
    edited August 2008
    No one else has encountered this message? Anyone have any ideas about how to make it go away?
  • mastahypemastahype Posts: 1New Users
    edited September 2008
    I had the same issue. I had paired a BT headset that I wasn't using. I went into BT preferences, selected the device, then did "Configure this device" (configure gearbox near add device + sign at bottom) and chose not to use it as a headset for this computer. This was a PITA to figure out and prevented me from using audio with the Simulator.
  • smithdale87smithdale87 Posts: 4,447iPhone Dev SDK Supporter @ @ @ @ @
    edited September 2008
    I finally got it to go away by unpairing all bluetooth devices and then pairing everything again.
  • BillMBillM Posts: 1New Users
    edited March 2009
    I was having a similar problem with the simulator. The MoviePlayer demo worked fine with the supplied Movie.m4v. I replaced that with another movie (that plays just fine in the iPod player on my phone) and got the error:

2009-03-04 11:47:02.661 MoviePlayer[1736:4303] Error loading /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOBluetoothSCOAudioDriver.kext/Contents/Resources/IOBluetoothSCOAudioDriverPlugIn.bundle/Contents/MacOS/IOBluetoothSCOAudioDriverPlugIn: dlopen(/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOBluetoothSCOAudioDriver.kext/Contents/Resources/IOBluetoothSCOAudioDriverPlugIn.bundle/Contents/MacOS/IOBluetoothSCOAudioDriverPlugIn, 262): Symbol not found: _SCDynamicStoreCopyConsoleUser
    Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LangAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/LangAnalysis
    Expected in: /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator2.2.1.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/SystemConfiguration.framework/Versions/A/SystemConfiguration

The problem seemed to have been caused by a Bluetooth headset (Plantronics 640) that was paired with my computer. The problem disappeared when I removed the profile for the headset from my MacBook Pro's Bluetooth System Preferences.
  • XCHGXCHG Posts: 98Registered Users
    edited April 2009
    Nice. Apple can't even get a simple Bluetooth setting done right but what do you expect? It's Apple.
    <a href="http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=329430069&mt=8" target="_blank">UK Flights</a><br />
    Latest UK Flight information right in your iPhone/iPod Touch. All major UK Airports are available in this brilliant iPhone