Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Bluetooth Error in SImulator

smithdale87smithdale87 Posts: 4,429iPhone Dev SDK Supporter @ @ @ @ @
edited April 2009 in iPhone SDK Development
For some reason all of a sudden I'm getting a bluetooth error in the simulator after I paired my mac mini with my Dell XPS laptop. Although the two are not connected at the moment, I get the following error when trying to debug my app:

"Error loading /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOBluetoothSCOAudioDriver.kext/Contents/Resources/IOBluetoothSCOAudioDriverPlugIn.bundle/Contents/MacOS/IOBluetoothSCOAudioDriverPlugin: dlopen(/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOBluetoothSCOAudioDriver.kext/Contents/Resources/IOBluetoothSCOAudioDriverPlugIn.bundle/Contents/MacOS/IOBluetoothSCOAudioDriverPlugin, 262): Symbol not found

Any ideas?

Note: I can't turn off my bluetooth because I'm using a bluetooth mouse/keyboard to control my Mac Mini.
Post edited by smithdale87 on

Replies

• smithdale87smithdale87 Posts: 4,429iPhone Dev SDK Supporter @ @ @ @ @
    edited August 2008
    No one else has encountered this message? Anyone have any ideas about how to make it go away?
  • mastahypemastahype Posts: 1New Users
    edited September 2008
    I had the same issue. I had paired a BT headset that I wasn't using. I went into BT preferences, selected the device, then did "Configure this device" (configure gearbox near add device + sign at bottom) and chose not to use it as a headset for this computer. This was a PITA to figure out and prevented me from using audio with the Simulator.
  • smithdale87smithdale87 Posts: 4,429iPhone Dev SDK Supporter @ @ @ @ @
    edited September 2008
    I finally got it to go away by unpairing all bluetooth devices and then pairing everything again.
  • BillMBillM Posts: 1New Users
    edited March 2009
    I was having a similar problem with the simulator. The MoviePlayer demo worked fine with the supplied Movie.m4v. I replaced that with another movie (that plays just fine in the iPod player on my phone) and got the error:

2009-03-04 11:47:02.661 MoviePlayer[1736:4303] Error loading /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOBluetoothSCOAudioDriver.kext/Contents/Resources/IOBluetoothSCOAudioDriverPlugIn.bundle/Contents/MacOS/IOBluetoothSCOAudioDriverPlugIn: dlopen(/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOBluetoothSCOAudioDriver.kext/Contents/Resources/IOBluetoothSCOAudioDriverPlugIn.bundle/Contents/MacOS/IOBluetoothSCOAudioDriverPlugIn, 262): Symbol not found: _SCDynamicStoreCopyConsoleUser
    Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LangAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/LangAnalysis
    Expected in: /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator2.2.1.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/SystemConfiguration.framework/Versions/A/SystemConfiguration

The problem seemed to have been caused by a Bluetooth headset (Plantronics 640) that was paired with my computer. The problem disappeared when I removed the profile for the headset from my MacBook Pro's Bluetooth System Preferences.
  • XCHGXCHG Posts: 98Registered Users
    edited April 2009
    Nice. Apple can't even get a simple Bluetooth setting done right but what do you expect? It's Apple.
    <a href="http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=329430069&mt=8" target="_blank">UK Flights</a><br />
    Latest UK Flight information right in your iPhone/iPod Touch. All major UK Airports are available in this brilliant iPhone