Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CGRect change height

gwggwg Posts: 3New Users
edited July 2009 in iPhone SDK Development
Searching for this for days. I done a lot a tutorials that show how to move a subview around the view. I only want to move the height, the rest of the subview would not move.I also don't want the image to move, (just how much you see of the image), I also do not need to crop. Any pointers on this would be very appreciated.
Post edited by gwg on

Replies

• PelaezPelaez Posts: 12Registered Users
    edited July 2009
    I guess you could just access the height and change it:
    view.frame.size.height = SOMETHING;

(If you check the frameworks, you'll realize that height is a CGFloat, part of a CGSize structure, size is a CGSize structure, part of a CGRect structure, frame is a CGRect, and frame is a property of UIView)

Although if that doesn't work, you could just make a new frame, and use the old properties that you do need, in this case:
    view.frame = CGRectMake(frame.origin.x, frame.origin.y, frame.size.width, SOMETHING);

• gwggwg Posts: 3New Users
    edited July 2009
    For clarification this is what I want to do. I need the height of the rectangle to correspond to the touch event (where the user's finger is)Kind of like split view controller, but I do not want the controller bars .
  • gwggwg Posts: 3New Users
    edited July 2009
    I have spent weeks studying tutorials, reading books, forums...I have learned a lot , but nothing has anything like this.center. I know the height is a size and not a point. Do I need to use CGGetMAXX? You can't imagine my appreciation for any help. I have uploaded a pic to explain. (I think you have to click example)I would also like to build in interface builder.
    example.jpg
    1 x 1 - 9K