Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Error launching remote program: failed to get the task for process 1533

CarbondaleCarbondale Posts: 7New Users
edited October 2011 in iOS SDK Development
Upgraded to iPhone OS 3.1.1, and Xcode 3.1.4.
Now when I try to run apps in debug on the device, I get this:

[Session started at 2009-09-12 17:06:34 -0500.]
GNU gdb 6.3.50-20050815 (Apple version gdb-1128) (Mon Aug 3 03:00:16 UTC 2009)
Copyright 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i386-apple-darwin --target=arm-apple-darwin".tty /dev/ttys000
Loading program into debugger…
sharedlibrary apply-load-rules all
Program loaded.
target remote-mobile /tmp/.XcodeGDBRemote-3713-24
Switching to remote-macosx protocol
mem 0x1000 0x3fffffff cache
mem 0x40000000 0xffffffff none
mem 0x00000000 0x0fff none
run
Running…
Error launching remote program: failed to get the task for process 1533.
Error launching remote program: failed to get the task for process 1533.

Has anyone else seen this? My app was running fine on the device prior
to this, and still runs on the simulator.

Thanks,
C
Post edited by Carbondale on

Replies

• harrisharris Posts: 13Registered Users *
    edited September 2009
    I get the same error. If I open my app on my phone after I get this error, it turns out it actually does load the app on to my phone. I'd like to not get the error though. Anybody?
  • CarbondaleCarbondale Posts: 7New Users
    edited September 2009
    harris wrote: »
    I get the same error. If I open my app on my phone after I get this error, it turns out it actually does load the app on to my phone. I'd like to not get the error though. Anybody?

Yes I think it's loading the app ok, just not able to attach the debugger which
    is a big problem since I need to debug on the device. I've also posted this in
    the Apple forums, and sent an email to Apple support. If I hear anything
    useful I'll post back here.
  • jjfjjf Posts: 9New Users
    edited September 2009
    I'm having this same issue now also.

Did you ever get a resolution?
  • jjfjjf Posts: 9New Users
    edited September 2009
    jjf wrote: »
    I'm having this same issue now also.

Did you ever get a resolution?

I recreated my development provisional profile and that fixed it for me anyway.
  • CarbondaleCarbondale Posts: 7New Users
    edited September 2009
    jjf wrote: »
    I recreated my development provisional profile and that fixed it for me anyway.

Apple emailed me that they have opened a bug report.
    I'm able to work around this. The error occurs after the app has been
    installed on the device. At that point I can run the app from the device,
    and see my NSLog output in the Organizer Console. This is good enough
    for me at this point. I still haven't been able to run the debugger or
    Performance Tools against the device.
    edited September 2009
    I created a new development provisioning profile, deleted my old one, and I don't get the errors anymore. Give it a try.
  • MadraykenMadrayken Posts: 6New Users
    edited September 2009
    I created a new development provisioning profile, deleted my old one, and I don't get the errors anymore. Give it a try.

Did you have to come up with a unique description for your dev prov profile, or were you able to re-use the old one?
  • jrtbjrtb Posts: 2New Users
    edited September 2009
    I've created new development and distribution provisioning profiles and have deleted the old ones, but am still getting these error messages. Did you also have to create new Development and/or Distribution Certificates?

Thanks! :)
    edited September 2009
    It turns out creating the new development provisioning profile (with a new name) did not solve this. It worked the first time I compiled, but after that back to the same error message.:(
  • jrtbjrtb Posts: 2New Users
    edited September 2009
    It turns out creating the new development provisioning profile (with a new name) did not solve this. It worked the first time I compiled, but after that back to the same error message.:(

Has anyone heard back from Apple about this or resolved the issue?

Thanks! :)
  • liteninglitening Posts: 5New Users
    edited October 2009
    hi guys,

In my case it was a configuration problem. I had, by mistake, added a code signing entitlements plist file to the debug configuration of my project.

Removing this from the debug configuration fixed the problem.
    edited October 2009
    litening wrote: »
    hi guys,

In my case it was a configuration problem. I had, by mistake, added a code signing entitlements plist file to the debug configuration of my project.

If I try that it complains that I don't have an entitlements listed, as per the provisioning profile. Or is it the people's popular front of provisioning profile... or the popular people's provisioning profile... gah.
  • LordBrianLordBrian Posts: 11Registered Users
    edited October 2009
    Funny this is I have the same problem and changing from debug to release works fine but back to debug bugg**s everything up again.

The new profile worked once but nothing after that. Lets hope for a fix soon.
    edited October 2009
    LordBrian wrote: »
    Funny this is I have the same problem and changing from debug to release works fine but back to debug bugg**s everything up again.

The new profile worked once but nothing after that. Lets hope for a fix soon.

I finally fixed it.

All I needed do was ensure I had my development provisioning profile set (rather than a distribution profile), then go to entitlements.plist and tick the 'get-task-allow' box in there. After this, all worked.
  • viswa08viswa08 Posts: 13Registered Users
    edited October 2009
    Faced the same problem. Now solved. Thanks.
  • appranchappranch Posts: 2New Users
    edited February 2010
    Make sure your Active Configuration is set to the appropriate selection (Debug/Distribution). Basically, you shouldn't be debugging/changing code if you're going to Distribute the app (that's what Distribution mode is for, final packaging before you distribute, even to Beta Testers [Ad Hoc]). See if changing back to Debug (don't forget to change your Code Signing back to Debug sigs) doesn't fix the problem. :)
  • puy0puy0 Posts: 5New Users
    edited October 2010
    litening wrote: »
    hi guys,

I confirm i had the same issue, thanks, I always forget this one!

Damn entitlements...
  • vinhstevenvinhsteven Posts: 1New Users
    edited October 2010
    I have a same issue when launched adhoc app. Although I configured my Entitlements.plist file followed the Apple's instruction. But this error is still. :(
  • RickSDKRickSDK Posts: 1,240Registered Users @ @ @ @
    edited January 2011
    vinhsteven wrote: »
    I have a same issue when launched adhoc app. Although I configured my Entitlements.plist file followed the Apple's instruction. But this error is still. :(

This is an easy fix. You probably have the targets set to your ad-hoc profile. Setting them to the development profile should fix it.

1) Make sure you are using the Device/Debug setup for Build & Run.
    2) Click "Project-->Edit Active Target" and make sure both code signing fields are set to your "Development" profile.
    3) btw, i also have the "Project Settings" code signing fields set to "Do not sign"
  • kaanmmkaanmm Posts: 1New Users
    edited October 2011
    I had this error too when I tried to debug my app on my iphone or ipad, error [code] met me. you can try them:

In the project, targets must have armv6 architectures for debug release and distribution.

In code sign distrubution and development provision profiles have to be updated ones for the sdk of your device. your devices have to be also recognized by ios provisional portal.