Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unknown error occurred (0xE800002E)

martinnmartinn Posts: 133Registered Users @ @
edited April 2009 in iOS SDK Development
I am working on a new version of my application and now everytime I try to build and run on my device I get this error-message: "Your mobile device has encountered an unexpected error (0xE800002E)"

Googling it gave me the following:

"Fortunately it’s easy to fix. Just go to the “Applications” tab in iTunes to un-tick and de-select the App. Then click the Apply button which will remove the App from your device (note 1). After that, go back to the same tab and tick to re-select the App, and click Apply again to re-install it into your device."

This is the only way I can get it to work by deleting the app and then build and run again. But this makes all data to be deleted. Now to my question, will this only happen to me or will the user see the same problem?! If they need to reinstall the app they will lose data that is very important and I think they wont be happy about this.

Why am I getting this error? Is the problem with my phone or my app?

Thanks for your help!
Post edited by martinn on

Replies

• BorisZBorisZ Posts: 1New Users
    edited September 2008
    I have the same problem... it started when i manually deleted thru ssd folder with my app, then i have tried to Build and Go it again and ive got this error (0xE800002E), i dont have $99 dollar licence yet, so there is no way to use iTunes like you write. Is there some way how to get rid of it?
  • CaptainRedmuffCaptainRedmuff Posts: 75Registered Users
    edited September 2008
    I just had this error message too, it said to disconnect my iPhone, restart it and reconnect.

Build worked first time after i plugged my phone back in.

Strange error, never had that one before. :shrug:
  • WunkWunk Posts: 28Registered Users
    edited December 2008
    I actually got this fixed, but had to use the SSH server on a jailbreaked device for it..

This seems to be caused due to a stale Application directory somehow, log into your iphone over SSH (need to install the cydia SSH server) and give the command 'updatedb', this will make an index of all the files on your device..

First of all, remove the app through the springboard, now do a 'locate YourAppname.app' it should come up with something like:

/private/var/mobile/Applications/F6DBBAE2-C1E4-4216-AF34-D44CBA23E0B/YourAppname.app/

Even though you removed the app, you should be able to see that directory (ls -l /private/var/mobile/Applications/F6DBBAE2-C1E4-4216-AF34-D44CBA23E0B/YourAppname.app/ )

Now remove just that directory:
    cd /private/var/mobile/Applications/
    rm -rf F6DBBAE2-C1E4-4216-AF34-D44CBA23E0B

That fixed it for me..
  • KonradKonrad Posts: 1New Users
    edited April 2009
    martinn wrote: »
    I am working on a new version of my application and now everytime I try to build and run on my device I get this error-message: "Your mobile device has encountered an unexpected error (0xE800002E)"

Googling it gave me the following:

"Fortunately it’s easy to fix. Just go to the “Applications” tab in iTunes to un-tick and de-select the App. Then click the Apply button which will remove the App from your device (note 1). After that, go back to the same tab and tick to re-select the App, and click Apply again to re-install it into your device."

Thanks for your help!

You don't have to go through iTunes for it---you can use the Organizer window within Xcode. That's just where it's handy, to delete applications or provisioning profiles.