Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The appstore wait thread.

observer247observer247 Posts: 112Registered Users @ @
Friends,
Lets post updates on our apps which are waiting for review, ie In Review. And also post an update when they are online.

This thread will give us an expected review date.

I start with:

submit date: 8th Sept
approved 5 days back

submit date: 12th Sept.
Still in review.
Post edited by observer247 on
100 apps at the app store. 2 million app downloads. Helped launch 3 funded startups ! Outsource your iPhone development to an experienced development team.
·

Replies

• hobbyCoderhobbyCoder Posts: 99Registered Users
    edited September 2008
    My first app was approved fairly quickly (submitted 9/5, on sale 9/11) but this latest app, which I'm 10x more excited about, has been waiting for Apple to bless it's existence since 9/8/08!

It's making me crazy because I'd scheduled a day for video production, and I've had to cancel. I was intending to actually do some marketing of this one, because it's the kind of thing nobody realizes they want until you show them. My third app has been put on hold until there's more clarity about the marketplace. And besides, maybe I'm an emotional whimp, but I just can't focus on the next project when the last one is in limbo.
    ·
  • sandman4suresandman4sure Posts: 12Registered Users
    edited September 2008
    My app is in review since september 5th!
    This is getting ridiculous!!
    ·
  • drifter7508drifter7508 Posts: 84Registered Users
    edited September 2008
    Mine and Nitrex88's app:
    DigiDrummer
    took exactly a week
    from review to release on Appstore. Pretty okey.
    ·
  • ghostghost Posts: 275Registered Users @ @
    edited September 2008
    Most of my apps have taken 1.5 weeks.
    My current app was sent to Apple on Sept 22. Still waiting...
    ·
  • erotsppaerotsppa Posts: 357Registered Users Noob
    edited September 2008
    Can we get more people to put in data? Also a little bit more detail?

Category: productivity
    type: update
    submit date: sept 15
    approved date: sept 22

category: business
    type: first submit
    submit date: sept 11
    approved date: still waiting
    ·
  • millisecondmillisecond Posts: 30Registered Users
    edited September 2008
    Category: travel
    type: first submission x 2
    applications: One lets you find open radio stations in your area: iTunes link
    The other uses the same database of radio stations to find open spectrum for things like iTrip: iTunes link
    submit date: sept 5 x 2
    approved date: sept 12 x 2

category: entertainment
    application: spectrograph
    submit date: sept 23
    approved date: still waiting

-C
    Notice Software
    ·
  • StatCoderStatCoder Posts: 221Registered Users
    edited September 2008
    Category: medical coding (Lite)
    submit date: sept 9
    review date: sept 18
    rejected: large icon different from small icon - resubmitted next day

category: medical coding (Commercial)
    submit date: sept 12
    rejected: large icon different from small icon - resubmitted next day
    review date: sept 18

I have some updates and am wondering if I can reject the binaries and resubmit without going back to the end of the queue. Some definitive experience regarding this would be helpful. For example, if someone rejected their binary and resubmitted, then got approved the next day then that would be good evidence that resubmitting your binary does not put it at the end of the queue.

Update - Both apps now "Ready for Sale" Fri. Sep 26 10:44pm - Somebody's working late over at Apple. You're my hero, iTunes Store [Do_not_reply@apple.com]. Let me buy you a drink next time I'm in Cupertino/Bangladesh. Behind that off-putting email address I'll bet you're a pretty cool guy.

Let the bad reviews commence!
    ·
  • cpatchcpatch Posts: 79Registered Users
    edited September 2008
    category: music
    submit date: sept 7
    approved date: sept 12

category: music
    type: update
    submit date: sept 21
    approved date: still in review
    <a href="http://streamtreestudios.com" target="_blank">Streamtree Studios</a><br />
    <a href="http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=290593307&mt=8" target="_blank">XyPhone</a> (App Store link)
    ·
  • mbruunmbruun Posts: 93Registered Users
    edited September 2008
    i jave jad contract pending in a week now...

my first app was preview within a week (realy simple app, just data display)...

but my contrzct has been in the woks for a long time...cant wait for it to finalize...
    <a href="http://www.increment.dk/iphoneapp/itog" target="_blank"><br />
    iphone and trains in Denmark</a>
    ·
    edited September 2008
    im 98% sure that if you reject your own binary you will requeue
    ·
  • brendandbrendand Posts: 223Registered Users
    edited September 2008
    erotsppa wrote: »
    im 98% sure that if you reject your own binary you will requeue

Then wouldn't the submission date reset to the date you re-uploaded your binary?
    ·
    edited September 2008
    no, even if you do updates to your app, your date never changes. It basically never ever changes.
    ·
  • hogeohogeo Posts: 38Registered Users
    edited October 2008
    I've been waiting for ALMOST ONE MONTH, which is very annoying.

Submit: Sep 5th,
    Oct 2nd : Still Review.

They just emailed me a week ago, and said "We require additional time. Sorry for the delay...". Since my app is soooo simple that it took just a week last time I submitted another one, I don't understand why they take such a long time and don't explain much. Apple disrespect developers in a sense...
    ·
    edited October 2008
    hogeo wrote: »
    I've been waiting for ALMOST ONE MONTH, which is very annoying.

Submit: Sep 5th,
    Oct 2nd : Still Review.

They just emailed me a week ago, and said "We require additional time. Sorry for the delay...". Since my app is soooo simple that it took just a week last time I submitted another one, I don't understand why they take such a long time and don't explain much. Apple disrespect developers in a sense...

Hey what kind of app is it? Does it compete with the native apps? Also what do you mean by you submitted another one? You submitted twice for the same app?
    ·
  • hogeohogeo Posts: 38Registered Users
    edited October 2008
    My app is pretty simple so that it uses WebView and some other functions of native Obj-C.

>Also what do you mean by you submitted another one?
    I actually submitted the one in the previous version, which is not submitting the same one twice. After getting Apple's feedback, I modified/added some further functions and submitted it again. Last time I submitted, it took only a week to hear from Apple, while this time it's been ONE MONTH.
    ·
    edited October 2008
    hogeo wrote: »
    My app is pretty simple so that it uses WebView and some other functions of native Obj-C.

>Also what do you mean by you submitted another one?
    I actually submitted the one in the previous version, which is not submitting the same one twice. After getting Apple's feedback, I modified/added some further functions and submitted it again. Last time I submitted, it took only a week to hear from Apple, while this time it's been ONE MONTH.

Hey same here, the first version I submitted took 1 week and got rejected. The resubmit is now taking 1 MONTH. Maybe we get punished for resubmits
    ·
  • davesmithdavesmith Posts: 5New Users
    edited October 2008
    Does anyone have any feedback as to whether it is a quicker review process for a company rather than an individual, or vice versa?

Also is it quicker for subsequent apps once your first app has been approved?

Cheers
    Dave
    ·
  • scoopscoop Posts: 10New Users
    edited October 2008
    davesmith wrote: »
    Does anyone have any feedback as to whether it is a quicker review process for a company rather than an individual, or vice versa?

Also is it quicker for subsequent apps once your first app has been approved?

Cheers
    Dave

From other conversations, I don't believe it's any quicker as a company. Even EA and Atari have to go through testing and compliance, but you can expect their own internal QA will make it a smoother ride as the submissions will be better documented (particularly path to completion and finding features, when applicable/important) and will be tested more thoroughly than the average 'indie' submission. Having a voice contact will also help of course: Never underestimate the power of verbal communication - everyone in business should know not to rely on email.

As for re-submissions (regarding rejections), it sort of makes sense that they will take longer. It's nothing personal, but the volume of submissions probably means there are two qeues: First Chance and Second Chance. New subs, to be fair, should be processed quickly as possible. Apps that have been rejected, and re-submitted, by proxy will be treated as "could still have problems" ... otherwise the turnover would be impaired by apps that never get their problems fixed (however many that may be - it could be a few, it could be hundreds!).
    ·
    edited October 2008
    Following up to my early post in this thread (this time with more details as wisely suggested)...

Category: Entertainment / Lifestyle
    type: First submission
    submit date: September 8
    approved date: STILL IN REVIEW

I called ADC support and got a case number, we all know how useless that tends to be, but it makes me feel better than doing nothing. This particular app is pretty unconventional and, while I'm very proud of it, has a couple aspects that might give the reviewers pause. Still, a month is plenty of time! At the end of the day, it's an original idea that adds a fun new way to use your iPhone to the app store... they really should approve it.
    ·
    edited October 2008
    hobbyCoder: does your app in any way compete with the native apps? Mine kinda does so I guess that's why mine took 1 month also. ....
    ·
    edited October 2008
    erotsppa wrote: »
    hobbyCoder: does your app in any way compete with the native apps? Mine kinda does so I guess that's why mine took 1 month also. ....

No, there's nothing else quite like my app anywhere to my knowledge. By its very nature it requires a peculiar user interface, which I assume is the issue. But a month is stupidly long to expect a developer to wait for the review process. Especially when XPlane, uploaded the same day as my app was approved from initial submission to release in only three days. (My app is also 10x less complicated, of course).
    ·
  • TakaTaka Posts: 5New Users
    edited October 2008
    I have been in pending contract since 27th AUG.
    ADC / iTunes Connect dabase has a serious bug about multi-byte character issue.

If you have any non alphabet character in your account, ask them.
    In my case they never help me....
    ·
  • CoenBrotherCoenBrother Posts: 55Registered Users
    edited October 2008
    2 weeks ago I applied first for iPhone enrollment. They have not contacted me yet.:mad:

Is there a way to contact them by phone? I called 1-800-my-apple but they do not have the slightest clue and said i need to look on the website.:confused:

They cant cope with the ammount of developers and it costs them too much or what?:rolleyes:
    <a href="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/idamaged/id400503070?ls=1&mt=8" target="_blank">iDamaged - AppStore</a><br />
    <br />
    Main Website: <a href="http://www.TheRedThing.com" target="_blank">The Red Thing</a> and <a href="
    ·
  • KenrikKenrik Posts: 288Registered Users
    edited October 2008
    You have to call ADC... the normal apple people are clueless.
    ·
  • CoenBrotherCoenBrother Posts: 55Registered Users
    edited October 2008
    Kenrik wrote: »
    You have to call ADC... the normal apple people are clueless.

Do you have the ADC telephone number by chance?
    <a href="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/idamaged/id400503070?ls=1&mt=8" target="_blank">iDamaged - AppStore</a><br />
    <br />
    Main Website: <a href="http://www.TheRedThing.com" target="_blank">The Red Thing</a> and <a href="
    ·