Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Base SDK Missing

wilky94wilky94 Posts: 257Registered Users
edited January 2012 in iOS SDK Development
Hello, I just upgraded to iPhone SDK 4.0 Beta 3 and I tried to run an app I was developing in the previous version but it said base sdk missing there is no sdk with the name iphoneos3.0. So I changed the base sdk to iphone os 4.0 but it still says this. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Post edited by wilky94 on
<a href="http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/black-ops-buddy/id400455343?mt=8"; target="_blank">Black Ops Buddy</a><br />
<a href="http://itunes.apple.com/gb/artist/kieran-wilkinson/id356167682"; target="_blank">Egg and Spoon Race</a><br />
<a href="http://itu

Replies

• marleneZmarleneZ Posts: 21Registered Users
    edited May 2010
    wilky94 wrote: »
    Hello, I just upgraded to iPhone SDK 4.0 Beta 3 and I tried to run an app I was developing in the previous version but it said base sdk missing there is no sdk with the name iphoneos3.0. So I changed the base sdk to iphone os 4.0 but it still says this. Can anyone help?

Thanks

You are under NDA for iPhone Beta 4.0. Go to the Apple iPhone dev forums - there are numerous discussions there regarding your problem.
  • bo the catbo the cat Posts: 1New Users
    edited May 2010

Thanks

I fixed this problem by doing two things. First. choose Project --> Edit PRoject Settings. When a dialog appears, click the Build tab and change the value in the Base SDK option.

Second, choose Project --> Edit Active Target. When a dialog appears, click the Build tab and change the Base SDK option again.

In both cases, I changed it to iPhone 4.0 and rebuilt the project and it worked.
  • MarcusFreitagMarcusFreitag Posts: 1New Users
    edited June 2010

Thanks

I had the same problem. but not with any Beta.
    I did install xcode 3.2.3 sdk 4 final.
    All options to compile for 3.x were missing.
    I could solve that problme only by deleting all content from /development/ folder in the root and reinstalling a older xcode 3.2.2. Luckily I had one ...
    ( possibly you need not to delete the folder .. )

Then I had the option back to compile for 3.1.x

Then I did try to install 3.2.3 over it - and - the same result again. The old 3.1.x sdk were removed.
    So my conclusion - if you want to compile for 3.1.x then you may not install xcode 3.2.3.
  • dagamer34dagamer34 Posts: 236Registered Users
    edited June 2010
    Apple recommends that you target your OS with 4.0 and then change the deployment target in your project info to support whatever OS you want to support (as far back as 2.0).

Keep in mind however that you'll be allowed to use 4.0 APIs and compile without errors, but if the app is run on a 2.x or 3.x device, it will crash. So make sure you check and see what version of the OS your user is using before using new APIs (fast-app switching excluded, since it's those new functions that you write being called, not you calling a 4.0 API).
    My apps: <br />
    <a href="http://bit.ly/tVzguJ"; target="_blank">Interviews</a><br />
    <a href="http://bit.ly/uzBD1T"; target="_blank">Pocket Lab Values</a>
  • SircSirc Posts: 12Registered Users
    edited June 2010
    I tried copying over the following from an Xcode 3.2 & 3.2SDK on a different machine into the same folder on my current SDK 4 install:

/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs
    /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDK's

I can select the 3.1.3 SDK to build on the simulator but it generates a lot of errors like:

"_OBJC_METACLASS_$_NSObject", referenced from:
    "_OBJC_CLASS_$_NSURLRequest", referenced from:
    "_OBJC_CLASS_$_UIDevice", referenced from:

Not sure where to go from here.
  • HNW999HNW999 Posts: 42Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    dagamer34 wrote: »
    Apple recommends that you target your OS with 4.0 and then change the deployment target in your project info to support whatever OS you want to support (as far back as 2.0).

Keep in mind however that you'll be allowed to use 4.0 APIs and compile without errors, but if the app is run on a 2.x or 3.x device, it will crash. So make sure you check and see what version of the OS your user is using before using new APIs (fast-app switching excluded, since it's those new functions that you write being called, not you calling a 4.0 API).

:D This solved my problem with minimal effort. Thanks for the post!
  • unavailableunavailable Posts: 24Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    I just double clicked the Project under Groups and Files and under General and selected Project Format to be Xcode 3.2-compatible and changed the Base SDK for All Configurations to "iPhone Device 4.0" and recompiled. There was no problem.

Thanks
  • RedRoverRedRover Posts: 1New Users
    edited September 2010
    marleneZ wrote: »
    You are under NDA for iPhone Beta 4.0. Go to the Apple iPhone dev forums - there are numerous discussions there regarding your problem.

Um..maybe he works for a company that has signed the NDA and he has never signed it himself, or maybe he/we are not using the "iphone beta 4.0"..you crApple people really crack me up.

Either way, crApple has planted phony stories in the media, through its numerous bribed contacts, to make it look like people are being "sued" for simply speaking..

Chill.
  • robustbearrobustbear Posts: 1New Users
    edited December 2010
    bo the cat wrote: »
    I fixed this problem by doing two things. First. choose Project --> Edit PRoject Settings. When a dialog appears, click the Build tab and change the value in the Base SDK option.

Second, choose Project --> Edit Active Target. When a dialog appears, click the Build tab and change the Base SDK option again.

In both cases, I changed it to iPhone 4.0 and rebuilt the project and it worked.

thank you, I have the same problem with you. I have just correct the errors with your methods.
  • milanjansarimilanjansari Posts: 239Registered Users
    edited December 2010
    robustbear wrote: »
    thank you, I have the same problem with you. I have just correct the errors with your methods.

Simple step:

1) Select Xcode project and click on info button on tool bar of top of the Xcode Editor.

2) go to build Tab

3) find "base SDK" under Architecture section and select version

4) and also set "iPhone OS Deployment Target" under Deployment Section

5 ) same as select go to Target folder and select project
  • gummylickgummylick Posts: 1New Users
    edited December 2010
    Thanks, this worked for me, I changed the settings, exited and reopened XCode and it worked fine thereafter.

• CynthiaBlue44CynthiaBlue44 Posts: 11Registered Users
    edited December 2010
    Simple step:

1) Select Xcode project and click on info button on tool bar of top of the Xcode Editor.

2) go to build Tab

3) find "base SDK" under Architecture section and select version

4) and also set "iPhone OS Deployment Target" under Deployment Section

5 ) same as select go to Target folder and select project

Your instructions worked for me. I'm working through John Ray's "Sams Teach Yourself iPad Application Development" and I got to page 48 and couldn't work through the example because the Base SDK was missing. Your instructions were easy to follow and most importantly they worked. Thank you.
  • nebstrnebstr Posts: 1New Users
    edited June 2011
    I also needed to close Xcode and reopen it -not sure if anybody else mentioned that.
  • jaybharatjayjaybharatjay Posts: 1New Users
    edited September 2011
  • HamoodHamood Posts: 23Registered Users
    edited December 2011

thanks its rally solve my problem
  • kadhagekadhage Posts: 14Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    I think you cant download older sdk in the organizer of xcode
  • nicsmothermannicsmotherman Posts: 29Registered Users
    edited January 2012

Thanks it's working for me :)
    <a href="http://themorpheous.com/iphone-application-development"; target="_blank">iphone application development</a> | <a href="http://themorpheous.com/iphone-game-development"; target="_blank">iphone game development</a>