Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Creating a view with two table views

mobesmobes Posts: 5New Users
edited June 2010 in iPhone SDK Development
What I am trying to do is create a view that has a two table views side by side that each take up half of the iPad screen. When you select one on the left it updates the contents of the one of the right. My question is how do you set up the frames for this. When I try to use CGRect and create the frame the one on the left still just takes up the whole screen. Any ideas?
Post edited by mobes on

Comments

• Duncan CDuncan C Posts: 9,021Tutorial Authors, Registered Users @ @ @ @ @ @ @
    edited June 2010
    mobes wrote: »
    What I am trying to do is create a view that has a two table views side by side that each take up half of the iPad screen. When you select one on the left it updates the contents of the one of the right. My question is how do you set up the frames for this. When I try to use CGRect and create the frame the one on the left still just takes up the whole screen. Any ideas?

Why not set them up in Interface Builder? That should be much easier.
    I haven't done side-by-side table views in an iPad app, but I do have a table view in our iPad "Save My Place" app that only occupies about 1/3 of the screen width (in landscape mode.)

If you really want to create your table views through code you should look carefully at their resizing masks. That may be what is causing your problem.
    Regards,
    Duncan C
    WareTo

widehead.gif
    Animated GIF created with Face Dancer, available for free in the app store.

I'm available for one-on-one help at CodeMentor