Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help! Missing armv6 in sdk 4.0

coodcood Posts: 12Registered Users
edited November 2011 in iOS SDK Development
When i upgrade to sdk 4, i got the warning said that" building for deployment target '3.0' requires an armv6 architecture"
Then i check the active architecture, I only have armv7! So how could I get the armv6 back? Need help, thank you guys a lot!
Post edited by cood on

Replies

• daveMacdaveMac Posts: 108Registered Users @ @
    edited August 2010
    I am having the same problem. Please, someone help! I've tried everything I can think of.
  • JasonRJasonR San Diego, CAPosts: 1,587Registered Users @ @ @ @
    edited August 2010
    In your Project Build settings, you probably have "Architectures" set to "Optimized". Change it to "Standard" and it should work fine.
    My development blog: <a href="http://jrinn.com"; target="_blank">http://jrinn.com</a>;
    edited August 2010
    I already have it on "Standard"
  • JasonRJasonR San Diego, CAPosts: 1,587Registered Users @ @ @ @
    edited August 2010
    The only other thing I know to check is below under "Valid Architectures" to make sure it is set to "armv6 armv7". I was able to get your error by changing it, and fixing it by changing it back.
    My development blog: <a href="http://jrinn.com"; target="_blank">http://jrinn.com</a>;
    edited August 2010
    cood wrote: »
    When i upgrade to sdk 4, i got the warning said that" building for deployment target '3.0' requires an armv6 architecture"
    Then i check the active architecture, I only have armv7! So how could I get the armv6 back? Need help, thank you guys a lot!

Ok, I was never able to figure out how to fix this. When I built for distribution, Build Results threw a warning, but not knowing how to fix it, I submitted it to Apple for review anyway. I received the following email:
    Dear Developer,

Thank you for your recent binary submission for "***" to the App Store. Unfortunately we discovered an issue with your binary that you will need to correct in order for your application to proceed to the review stage. The specific issue is outlined below:

Invalid Binary Architecture - iOS 3.0 introduces support for multiple binary architectures. If your binary is built for multiple architectures, your Info.plist must have a MinimumOSVersion key with a value of at least 3.0. Additionally, in order to support existing devices, all iOS 3.0 binaries submitted for distribution through iTunes must contain at least an armv6 binary; "thin" armv7-only binaries will not be accepted unless the armv7 required device capability is also present in the Info.plist UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key.

Once you have corrected the issue, please return to the application's version details page in the iTunes Connect Manage Your Applications module and click on the Ready to Submit Binary button. This will take you through the binary submission flow and return your application version status to Waiting for Upload. You can then use Application Loader to upload your new binary. If any other issues are found with your submission you will be contacted.

Thanks,
    The iTunes Connect Team

I think this is the answer to this problem, though another fix seems to be to start a new project and copy everything over (new projects seem to be set up differently). Hope this helps anyone else that might be having this problem!
  • azzoorazzoor Posts: 5New Users
    edited September 2010
    daveMac wrote: »
    Ok, I was never able to figure out how to fix this. When I built for distribution, Build Results threw a warning, but not knowing how to fix it, I submitted it to Apple for review anyway. I received the following email:

I think this is the answer to this problem, though another fix seems to be to start a new project and copy everything over (new projects seem to be set up differently). Hope this helps anyone else that might be having this problem!

So it appears that Itunes isnt accepting any apps less then 3.0 target deployment :( sucks to have an ipod 1st gen
  • CambridgeCodersCambridgeCoders Posts: 73Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    azzoor wrote: »
    So it appears that Itunes isnt accepting any apps less then 3.0 target deployment :( sucks to have an ipod 1st gen

The first gen iPod touch can go up to iOS 3.1.3, so it's still possible to develop for this device.

Best regards,
    Andy, Cambridge Coders Limited, <a href="http://www.cambridgecoders.com"; target="_blank">www.cambridgecoders.com</a><br />
    <a href="http://www.calcuccino.com"; target="_blank">Calcuccino</a> - scientific calculator for the iPhone
  • RS8aRS8a Posts: 2New Users
    edited September 2010
    -Expand the target
    -Double click on the project
    -Search and select standard architecture (ARMv6, ARMv7)
    -Check the active build architecture only
    -And finally to where it says valid ARMv6 architecture, ARMv7.

thats work for me
  • dmlowedmlowe Posts: 22Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    I am having the same problem ("building for target 3.0 requires armv6 architecture" error AND daveMac's apple submission rejection letter). My app is a universal app and I already have a version of it in the app store and I'm trying to submit an update. I've tried everything in this post and every other post I could find and I still get the error. If I change it to an optimized armv7 architecture only app, the binary submission gets an error because I have to support all devices that were previously supported.

Here are my current settings:

Project settings (under the Build tab):
    Architectures -- Standard (armv6 armv7)
    Build Active Architecture Only -- Unchecked (checked or unchecked didn't work)
    Valid Architectures -- armv6 armv7

Target settings (under the Build tab):
    Identical to project settings

Info.plist has this key:
    MinimumOSVersion -- 3.0

When I go to the Overview dropdown in XCode, or Project-->Set Active Architecture, the only option is armv7.

Can anyone tell me how to add an armv6 architecture?
    Thanks!!
  • jbullfrogjbullfrog Posts: 141Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    dmlowe wrote: »
    I am having the same problem ("building for target 3.0 requires armv6 architecture" error AND daveMac's apple submission rejection letter). My app is a universal app and I already have a version of it in the app store and I'm trying to submit an update. I've tried everything in this post and every other post I could find and I still get the error. If I change it to an optimized armv7 architecture only app, the binary submission gets an error because I have to support all devices that were previously supported.

Here are my current settings:

Project settings (under the Build tab):
    Architectures -- Standard (armv6 armv7)
    Build Active Architecture Only -- Unchecked (checked or unchecked didn't work)
    Valid Architectures -- armv6 armv7

Target settings (under the Build tab):
    Identical to project settings

Info.plist has this key:
    MinimumOSVersion -- 3.0

When I go to the Overview dropdown in XCode, or Project-->Set Active Architecture, the only option is armv7.

Can anyone tell me how to add an armv6 architecture?
    Thanks!!

Im having this same issue, any thoughts? Just upgraded from 3.2.5 to 3.2.6 and both are giving me only the armv7 option for this project. Other projects open fin and show both armv6 and armv7. Im ready to submit my update if only i could build the distribution version with both armv6 and 7. I get the (warning: iPhone apps should include an armv6 architecture (current ARCHS = "armv7")

Please help.

Thanks
  • Yuvaraj.MYuvaraj.M Posts: 10Registered Users
    edited November 2011
    daveMac wrote: »

Hi friend. Am also get the same problem after submit the distribution build to iTunes through Application loader. The iTunes status is Invalid Binary. And also i have received the same Email from iTunes team. How to solve the problem? Please help to figure out the problem. Thanks.