Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it possible to delete contacts records using ABAddressBook?

nuzhatnuzhat Posts: 80Registered Users @
edited June 2011 in iPhone SDK Development
hi all,
I know it is possible to access contacts records using ABAddressBook but I want to know is it possible to delete records using ABAddressBook?If yes then can anyone give me sample code for the same?
Post edited by nuzhat on

Replies

• thomashwthomashw Posts: 327Registered Users
    edited October 2010
  • SundialSoftSundialSoft Posts: 301Registered Users @ @
    edited June 2011
    The code to remove a contact record programatically is as shown below.
    As far as I can see so far the address book framework's option to edit a contact record does not contain the delete button show at the bottom of the iphone address book app and I don't see a flag to turn it on. If this is possible & someone know how please post. I'm going to have another read of the docs myself to see.
    (I'm new to IOS development so apologies if my code has any errors/leaks. It works fine for me)

ABAddressBookRef addressBook; 
    	CFErrorRef error = NULL; 
    	addressBook = ABAddressBookCreate(); //
        ABRecordRef person = ABAddressBookGetPersonWithRecordID(addressBook,<YOUR 'PERSON' GOES HERE>);
        fullName.text = (NSString *)ABRecordCopyCompositeName((ABRecordRef)person);
        ABAddressBookRemoveRecord(addressBook, (ABRecordRef)person, &error );
        if(error !=NULL)
        {
                  UIAlertView    *alert =[[UIAlertView alloc] initWithTitle:@"error" message:@"deleting" delegate:self cancelButtonTitle:@"cancel" otherButtonTitles:@"OK",nil];
            [alert show];
            [alert release];

}

ABAddressBookSave(addressBook, NULL);
        CFRelease(addressBook);