Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In App purchase test Account - "Verification Required" - Cant Get Passed!

arcarocketarcarocket Posts: 44Registered Users
edited October 2010 in iPhone SDK Development
I am attempting to purchase a In App Purchase using my test account. I go to settings > Store and login via my test account.

I went through the process of adding credit card, etc. I go into app and click purchase and get this "Verification Required" screen (as pictured). I click continue and it appears to open a browser page. It comes up with "Sign In required" (as pictured). I click continue and put in password and click OK, after 5 seconds are Loading..... I get "Sign in Required" again (as pictured).

I am unable to test my app and my in app purchases because it refuses to allow me to sign in and verify my info it appears.

What to do?!?

p.s. - This account works fine in app store, I'm able to purchase apps, etc. Only time this verification thing happens in my sandbox / test app where I'm trying to purchase (test purchase) my in app purchase. My account IS signed up under my Apple Developer account under In App Purchase Test User.
IMG_0662.jpg
1 x 1 - 25K
IMG_0663.jpg
1 x 1 - 25K
IMG_0664.jpg
1 x 1 - 18K
IMG_0665.jpg
1 x 1 - 18K
Post edited by arcarocket on

Replies

• arcarocketarcarocket Posts: 44Registered Users
    edited October 2010
    I am still having the problem, but update:

I was able to login via itunes and confirm all my info and everything is right. Yet, still get that Verification Required" when trying to purchase in app via sandbox for my app.
  • JasonRJasonR San Diego, CAPosts: 1,587Registered Users @ @ @ @
    edited October 2010
    Once you set up an account for the real app store, by giving it a credit card, you can't use it in the sandbox any more. To test your In App Purchase app, you need to use a new account that does not have a credit card.

The best rule of thumb is to make a new account, logout of the store, and only use your new account inside the app you are testing. If you do that, the sandbox will work just fine.
    My development blog: <a href="http://jrinn.com" target="_blank">http://jrinn.com</a>;
  • arcarocketarcarocket Posts: 44Registered Users
    edited October 2010
    JasonR wrote: »
    Once you set up an account for the real app store, by giving it a credit card, you can't use it in the sandbox any more. To test your In App Purchase app, you need to use a new account that does not have a credit card.

The best rule of thumb is to make a new account, logout of the store, and only use your new account inside the app you are testing. If you do that, the sandbox will work just fine.

THANK YOU JASON!

Problem solved, you need a test account that NEVER has a credit card attached to it, NEVER is logged into itunes store or app store via device, and if you do login to itunes or agree to any app store stuff it voids the test account and will never work again.

So, To test your In App Purchase app, you need to use a new account that does not have a credit card. logout of the store, and only use your new account inside the app you are testing.

Thanks for the help guys!