Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

integrating GSL in XCode newbie

mansofmansof Posts: 6New Users
edited November 2010 in iPhone SDK Development
Dear members,

I have been trying to include the GSL into XCode by running FINK.

I am stuck.

Is there a newbie walkthrough ?

Anyone created a framework so we can use it easily ?

Thanks
Post edited by mansof on

Replies

• Duncan CDuncan C Posts: 8,994Tutorial Authors, Registered Users @ @ @ @ @ @ @
    edited November 2010
    mansof wrote: »
    Dear members,

I have been trying to include the GSL into XCode by running FINK.

I am stuck.

Is there a newbie walkthrough ?

Anyone created a framework so we can use it easily ?

Thanks

I have never used GSL. I had to google it to remember what it stood for. (Gnu Scientific Library, for those of you who, like me, couldn't remember that particular TLA.)

Beware that the Open Source Foundation recently complained to Apple about an app in the app store, and declared that all iPhone apps violate the GPL because they don't permit free distribution. (Apple removed the app in question.)

There's a lot of debate about this, but I would not invest much effort into using GPL licensed code until you know that it will be allowed in the store.
    Regards,
    Duncan C
    WareTo

widehead.gif
    Animated GIF created with Face Dancer, available for free in the app store.

I'm available for one-on-one help at CodeMentor
  • mansofmansof Posts: 6New Users
    edited November 2010
    Duncan C wrote: »
    I have never used GSL. I had to google it to remember what it stood for. (Gnu Scientific Library, for those of you who, like me, couldn't remember that particular TLA.)

Beware that the Open Source Foundation recently complained to Apple about an app in the app store, and declared that all iPhone apps violate the GPL because they don't permit free distribution. (Apple removed the app in question.)

There's a lot of debate about this, but I would not invest much effort into using GPL licensed code until you know that it will be allowed in the store.

Thanks ... ok maybe that is too risky. Can you suggest another library that could help me in doing "statistical distribution function as in the standard normal distribution function (z-distribution) " ?